Back on the treadmill again

@patgalca (14664)
Orangeville, Ontario
I recently posted that I have gone on and off walking on the treadmill on a daily basis. Walking for one hour was just resulting in too much pain. I decided I was going to try and walk twice a day, or three times a day for shorter periods of time (15 minutes). Then I got a cold and stopped again. I have decided that more than once a day is impossible. I'm having a hard enough time fitting once a day in. I started at 15 minutes, twice a day. Then I went to 20 minutes once a day and today I did 25 minutes. I think NOT looking at the numbers on the treadmill are helping me. As long as I stick to the time and forget about calories burnt, distance walked, and whether I get that extra green light on by increasing speed, and stick to the time spent on there I can do it. The only thing I have felt is increased pain in my groin area when I stand up, no late night overall leg pain. For those who don't know, I have fibromyalgia (chronic pain) and cannot overdo or I will suffer the consequences. The pain in my groin isn't going anywhere and it only hurts when I first stand up. I can live with that. So I'm sticking with the fitness/walking but in a different way. Now I have to add writing time to my day.
I have a terrible heal spur resulting in no treadmill for me. I am now trying to jump on my trampoline. which was doing great until the burn in my ankles. That seems to be gone for now though. I am going back to working out after seeing the Dr next week.
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I want to use one of those mini tramps. Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser was on Ellen the other day and said it was like skipping rope without the harsh impact on the bones. I'm going to have to invest in one.
@patgalca That is what I have and trust me your going to love it. I feel nothing on my feet and it's awesome. Check walmart..
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@sharon6345 LOL! Walmart is really the only store we have in town.
@Rick1950 (1577)
• Lima, Peru
Walking is a great activity and brings benefits to our health. If you do it for 25 minutes a day is good. I hope that you keep enjoying it, but if it causes pain I would rather ask for advice to a physician. Take care.
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I have fibromyalgia so the pain is always going to be there. I have spoken to my doctor and it was her recommendation to break it down to two or three short sessions. 25 minutes was fine but I did 30 minutes last night and my legs were bothering me early this morning disrupting my sleep. I'm going to go back down to 25 minutes.
@Rick1950 (1577)
• Lima, Peru
@patgalca I agree, 25 minutes for now is fine. You're doing well.
Do you have the treadmill in an easily accessible room? I had an exercise bike, but the only place for it was the garage and I could never bother going out there.
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
My treadmill is in our basement rec room. I can walk and watch television.
@patgalca That's good, and watching TV would keep the boredom away.
I need to walk on mine too, even though I walk the dogs for 30 minutes a day, the doctor wants me to increase my exercise so I wont have to take diabetes meds. I am sorry you hurt.
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I'm used to being in pain. I just don't like having to do something that makes the pain worse. But I really need to lose about 20 pounds.
Good for you. Even 15 minutes can make a huge difference in your health, so congrays on taking that first step! Its ironic - as I read your post just now I am qxtually walking on a tredmill! Lol
my treadmill's rubber got busted a while back that forces me to jog at the back every once a day. but now my feet hurts i have to do other forms of exercise. i envy you, please continute the use of treadmill because you get really good results from there.
Listen to your body, nobody knows it better than you.
I wish I could use a treadmill. I get vertigo and feel like I am going to fall.
Walk the time that you like and if you do not feel comfortable stop. I think that 20 minutes a day is a good time.
I think you're going about your exercise regime the right way. Surely any walking is better than none and if you can do it without too much pain that is all good.
@amnabas (10549)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Great to see you walking to get your fitness I badly need to buck up myself for walks.