5th month pregnancy checkup

@kaka135 (14085)
Malaysia
I went for pregnancy checkup this afternoon. Glad that today's wait was less than 2 hours. I told a story to my son, and the children played for awhile, then it was our turn. Not a long wait today. My baby is now about 5 months old. Both my baby and I are healthy, and he is actively moving quite a lot. I wonder if he'll be as hyperactive as my elder son. Everything seems to be fine, except that my blood test shows he has high risk of down syndrome. I knew about this two weeks ago, as my doctor advised me to consult another doctor for high risk pregnancy. He said the blood test is only a screening test, I need to confirm about that by doing another test (Amniocentesis). We decided not to take the test, as no matter how, we will carry on with the pregnancy, and we will accept the baby as it is. He is a gift to us. I feel much more better as compared to my first trimester. I am now getting ready and just waiting for my baby's arrival in 4 month time.
I'm glad the checkup was good. I will keep you in prayer for a healthy child.
@kaka135 (14085)
Thanks. Yes, it's always good to know the baby is doing well, and I am well too.
@Shiva49 (12983)
I remember years ago when my wife was pregnant after thirteen years of our marriage. And then the doctor advised us to undergo the same test if it was necessary. It was found not necessary and it took a load off our shoulders. The choice finally is for the couple to take or not. I wish you well - siva
@kaka135 (14085)
Yes, I was glad my husband is on the same page as I am. That really made me feel good and supported. I guess my husband's support gives me the most power. I am always grateful for having a supportive husband, as he has been supporting me on making my decisions as a mother - stay-at-home, homeschooling, and now carrying on with my pregnancy.
@Shiva49 (12983)
@kaka135 Good to have support from each other. I was the one working though my wife was more helping out as a volunteer and still does. We wanted to give our son all the time we could rather than spend it to earn more. I believe in moderation and balance all the time. I have seen how insecure the very rich are even doubting their own shadows! The more they have, the more they want! I always remember what Lee Kuan Yew said - " we are responsible for our children and they are responsible for theirs" - siva
@kaka135 (14085)
@Shiva49 Yes, I agree with you. I think it depends what we really want in our life. Some might not want a family life, so they choose a different path. I like moderation and balance as well. That's something I just explained to my son yesterday. I like what Lee Kuan Yew said, and I think that as well. Though my mom always wants to help me, well, I might still be a little girl to her, I always told her I am a mother now, and I want to learn to do these on my own. She has done her part well, and now it's my turn to learn.
Good to hear baby and you are healthy! I hope everything goes smoothly.
@kaka135 (14085)
Thanks. Though I know it will not be the same after the baby is born, we will all be busy, it's another lesson for my family to learn in our life.
@kaka135 4 more months until baby is due! In your country is it common for births in hospital or at home?
@kaka135 (14085)
@infatuatedbby In my country, it's more common to give birth in hospital, though I have a few friends had home birth. Is your country common to have birth at home?
@Marcyaz (35670)
I hope you know what you are letting yourself in for having a down syndeome, the child will take up most of your time while the other children will be hoping you notice them.
@kaka135 (14085)
Thanks. Yes, I know that. We have researched in this, and even before this, we read about down syndrome children as well. I know it isn't easy, especially when it really happens, I know it's hard for all of us, including my other children. We'll have to learn together, and my other children will also learn together with me. I will try not to spend less attention on other children as well, though I know it's hard. Glad that they have two of them to spend time with, now that when I am pregnant and I feel unwell sometimes and need more sleep, two of them play together well.
@Marcyaz (35670)
@kaka135 I wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out well for you and your family.
@kaka135 (14085)
@Marcyaz Thanks. I guess I really need support now.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Those 4 months will go by so fast and he will be here before you know. Like you said, your baby is a gift and I'm so happy to hear you are receptive to whatever the outcome may be. Prayers for you and your baby.
@kaka135 (14085)
Thanks for praying for us. I really need support now and later. Anyway, I will try to be positive, for myself and my family as well.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@kaka135 I admire you and your family
I hope all is well. Take care
@kaka135 (14085)
Thanks. I really need support now.
I hope, no matter what they say, that your baby will be healthy.
@kaka135 (14085)
Thanks!
I'm so glad that you have that attitude, he's your son and you will love him whatever. I wish you all the luck in the world.
@kaka135 (14085)
Yes, no matter how, we will always love him and take good care of him. Thanks!!
Oh I hope your baby is healthy. I am almost due to have my baby boy-any day now!
@kaka135 (14085)
Thanks. Hope your baby will be healthy too. I am excited for you now. I have a neighbor who is due any time now too.