The criminals are at it again

By JJ
I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. A local man is in jail on charges of attempted murder for shooting another man here. Both men have extensive criminal backgrounds, including drug use/selling. It appears that the victim had visited the shooter's house a few days previously, and while there, stole a gun. He went back a few days later, and someone had informed the shooter of the theft...the shooter pulled out another pistol and shot the guy twice in the shoulder. One of the bullets hit a bone, deflected downwards, and did damage to the victim's stomach area, and he had to be life-flighted out to another hospital. I just find it hard to believe how idiotic these people are. I still haven't figured this out. I realize somone might not want to report the theft of an illegal firearm, but was shooting the guy a good idea? Should have just cut out the middleman and called the cops to start with...bail would have been cheaper... And to think I know them and used to run in that crowd...
A man was arrested Monday after a shooting in Olney.
@Mike197602 (13473)
• Worcester, England
No cure for stupid
I guess Pooter figured Nathan wouldn't report getting shot to the cops, but since an ambulance had to be called...still just dumb.
@vandana7 (57186)
May be he was looking for free meals in the prison.
You can fix ugly but stupid is forever.
@yukimori (8542)
Well, I'm sincerely glad you're not running with that crowd at this point.
We are lucky that not all criminals are smart.
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
Criminals are not always the smartest people in the class.
@Missmwngi (9695)
• Nairobi, Kenya
It is hard sometimes to think how one can do such Well the law will take its course