How We Survived Hard Times

@UncleJoe (9461)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, how I remember those almost unbearable trying days. It was always such a struggle to make the right decisions by their priorities. The problem seemed to be that there was always a lot more outgo than income. With mouths to feed and bills to pay I was always in a quandary to decide which to pay immediately and which ones to let float until my ship came in. More often than not, I’ve had a whole fleet sink on me before reaching a bill-paying port. Finances created a lot of stress and worry type crisis’ back when I struggled to make ends meet. I couldn’t begin to comprehend reaching a point where those worries weren’t present. Yet, I have made it through to old age and I look back to how hard life was then. How did we do it? I can only say that we endured every problem and got past all of them the same way. One word described our overcoming method for all the hardships we faced. That word is “Somehow”. What is your crisis for today? How will you survive it? To know that answer, look back to one year ago today. What was your crisis then? Can you remember? Whether you do or not, keep in mind for today’s worries that whatever you worried about a year ago you solved the same way you need to today. Somehow! So, don’t worry so much. The problems that are beyond your reach to correct usually take care of themselves but allowing you to worry for nothing. Life is way too short to waste a lot of time struggling with worries. Seek to enjoy that which is available. Rejoice if you have love to share. It is free and you can have all that you want, and best of all, it is the most valuable commodity we own. A wise Jamaican once expressed the advice in a song. “Don’t worry. Be happy!” (Bobby McPheren)
thanks, these are good things to remember. I feel as though I may have crossed your mind, just maybe, as you wrote this, lol
@UncleJoe (9461)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
You're one of them who has been on my mind and in my prayers. I'm hoping my experience might give ya'll a little peace of mind.
@UncleJoe I appreciate it very much!
@Platespinner (16532)
Love that song! I've always approached major problems with a "this too will pass" attitude. Things have been pretty dicey for us at times, but God has always provided us with what we've needed (not necessarily what we THOUGHT we needed, but what we really needed)
That's my philosophy too - I've never been a worrier.