Poison Water - Someone Should Go To Jail

@suziecat7 (3389)
Asheville, North Carolina
I'm so mortified about the poison drinking water in Flint, Michigan and I think someone should absolutely go to jail. The city wanted to save a little (and I mean little) amount of money so they put citizens' lives at risk. Who knows what the long term effects of the consumed lead in the water will be? Someone needs to be held accountable for the foul undrinkable water and its impact on the unknowing population. What do you all think? https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/the-flint-water-crisis-explained-031412993.html
I agree they to be held responsible for what they have done and, prayers going out.
@suziecat7 (3389)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Prayers are a good thing.
I cannot believe that this is happening in our country.Shame on the politician there.Shame,shame
@suziecat7 (3389)
• Asheville, North Carolina
It should not be happening in this country. Shame indeed.
shocking and sad for the people especially the children
@suziecat7 (3389)
• Asheville, North Carolina
It is shocking and sad, for sure.
I was shocked when I first heard this. So many people will suffer for their bad choices.
It is a shame what happened in Flint. The local officials are the ones that should be held accountable first.
@sgbrown (1641)
I was also mortified over this news! I think it was the mayor or the governor that made the decision to change their water source. I shudder to think of all the children that have been exposed to this poisoned water! What really makes me mad is the fact that they were left to deal with it for years before anything was done. I agree, someone should be held accountable for this!
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Flint is not the place it once was. My sister's inlaws lived there and I was there in the 70s. It was a lovely community with nice neighborhoods. Now it is nearly deserted, and falling apart. People have just left their houses, unable to sell them and unable to live there. I am not surprised the city is broke. But to sacrifice the public health is inexcusable. Someone needs to be held responsible for this latest crisis.
I totally agree. I have been following the story. I am still in shock!
@Marcyaz (35589)
I am shocked that the city government would let this type of thing happen. You are right someone needs to go to jail over this type of action.