Pop Quiz

@UncleJoe (7717)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Miss Dunford, my brother’s 6th Grade teacher was famous for her oral pop quizzes. She seemed to thrive on that kind of academics. One day she dropped an unexpected question on my brother and he answered as honestly as he could. “Billy!” she barked, “Who signed the Declaration of Independence?” Looking her straight in the eye, Bill answered, “Damned if I know, Miss Dunford!” “W-w-w-hat did you say, Billy? “Damned if I know!” he repeated. The teacher stomped out of the room and right down to the office where she called my day. Not giving her full reason, Miss Dunford told my dad that it was urgent that he come down to the school at once. “What seems to be the problem?” Daddy demanded as he stormed into the classroom. The teacher motioned my dad over to where my brother was sitting and asked him the same question from before, “Billy, who signed the Declaration of Independence?” My brother gave her the same answer, “Damned if I know, Teacher!” “I’ll straighten this out real quick!” Daddy promised Miss Dunford as he snatched my brother up and dragged him out into the vacant hallway. “Listen to me, Bill!” my father explained, “We may be poor and not very educated but we have always had a good honest name. So, I want you to go back in there right now and tell that teacher if you signed that Declaration of Independence, or not!”
Lol - this amused me.
@Ladypeace (2076)
Amusing ! Love the twist at the end. Did someone actually explain to your dad what had happened in the end?
One of my relatives signed it for real. John Adams.
@UncleJoe (7717)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I remember because I was there.
@UncleJoe Did you go back in time or were you born again.
@louievill (15799)
@UncleJoe you are wrong cause a Filipino signed it I was there and you were not I'm a vampire time traveler , now go tell everyone the truth
@AunBecky (155)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
that must run in the family. lol
@Platespinner (17573)