The Mighty Musk Ox.

Banks, Oregon
The Mighty Musk Ox, now these are some cool animals, they live together in herds as they venture across the Artic and, Greenland, one thing I found really cool though is how they really have each others backs, two big Wolves managed to get a baby confused and, lost from the heard and, they were tearing into him, as he fought the best he could, immediately the adults went running at full speed to rescue the baby and, they did chasing the Wolves far off and, then intimidating them, with their big horns. The Musk Ox is a giant animal with large sharp horns and, a thick coat, they get about 5 feet tall at the shoulder, 8 feet in length and, can weigh up to 900 pounds, they can also run 37 mph and, live up to 20 years.
@sgbrown (1643)
I'm glad the adults were able to fend off the wolves! I know I would be scared if they were running at me!
Me too, it was a awesome thing to see. I always like seeing the Prey kick the predators butts, but I know the Wolf has to eat.
@sgbrown (1643)
@TRBRocks420 I know, I feel the same way! I am always cheering for the prey, knowing that the predator will one day become the prey.
@VivaLaDani13 (19866)
• Perth, Australia
I know animals have to hunt to eat but I always feel happy when their "food" gets rescued from their family. Just amazes me.
I love it too, it's so awesome when the prey wins and, how they protect each other, but you do also feel for the Wolf some times, because food does not come easy for them.
Wow they can get heavy!
Yes, they are very big and, powerful animals.
Somehow I thought they were bigger than that.
They are pretty big, but not quite as big as the Bison.