Have you ever made a rice sock for a heating pad?

@Aingeal (436)
I love mine. I have 3 of them. If you add lavender or mint to it, the smell helps you as well. How do you make one you may ask. Take and old sock that you can tie off at the end. Get some rice, I use white rice because it seems to hold the heat better. Add your herbs if you want any for aromatherapy and tie off. I heat mine in the microwave until it is warm enough for me, however you can put it in the oven too. Mine help my lower back and neck when I need it to.
@T_gray (7840)
• Salina, Kansas
That's a really neat idea. And super easy too. My aunt gave me one that was two wash clothes sewn together with rice in it. I used that a lot. A little more difficult to make as you would need a sewing machine
@Aingeal (436)
T Gray, they are easy to make. I tend to use the socks that don't have mates. Haha. The wash clothes make sense. You would need a sewing machine yes or a very good hand stitcher.
@T_gray (7840)
• Salina, Kansas
@Aingeal Haha, I would think the mates would get yucky in the microwave. But I don't know. I am a good hand stitcher, but I don't think I would take the time to do all that work. hehe
@Aingeal (436)
@T_gray Ha, ha on the mate comments. Yes, I agree with you, I don't have the time for the hand stitching or he patience.
I have one that I bought and it works wonders for my aching back (or any aches & pains).I just have to heat it in the microwave and it stays warms for a long time. I never made one myself but it sounds easy enough
@Aingeal (436)
I did not know you could buy them. Interesting. Yes, they stay warm forever. And they are easy to make, just make sure that there are no holes in your socks.
Never made one rice pad myself but I have one pad with some grains that I use all the time. It does help.
@Aingeal (436)
Yes Marlina, it does help. I know mine have made it so I can move some days.
I have a pad but I think it's got wheat inside it. I didn't make it myself, but it works well.
@Aingeal (436)
Jabo, I would be allergic to the wheat, however I had never thought about the wheat in a pad. Thanks for the input.