Day #4 begins - time to call a plumber

I've finally given up the fight and am calling in the professionals. The main drain for the house has been plugged since Sunday morning, which means I can't do laundry, do dishes, use the toilet or anything without waste backing up into the bathtub and leaking around the toilet seal and flooding the bathroom and hallway. (Of course, taking a bath/shower is also out of the question) Since I am on a limited budget, I've been trying to fix it myself, but after a few days of plunging the lines, and buying a plumber snake, and snaking the lines and the rooftop vent, I have been totally unsuccessful. Have you ever wished you had an outhouse? Having to drive to the gas station to relieve myself is really no fun. So I'll have to take a day off from work today (which I really can't afford) to be here when the plumber arrives (which I really can't afford). Bleh. Hope your day/week is going better than mine...
Oh dear, well it is that bad JJ. In the salon when we had all the sinks back up, we used peroxide (the thick stuff that we used in hair dyes), powdered hair bleach, and vinegar all at once..the drains would unplug immediately. But if you are leaking around the toilet too, it sounds much more serious like. Yep I am sorry you have to take the day off and the cost of the plumber on top of it. Those guys make buccoo bucks. As long as they fix it is the main issue ..I hope you will be able to make up the money you lost.
It was a root ball in the main line under the house, but at least it's fixed now
@JolietJake Good they fixed it yay!! A root ball huh? Wow good they got it out then. Now you dont have to go to gas station lolz
@TiarasOceanView I was lucky there's a 24-hour convenience store about 6 blocks away
I hate when I have to call the plumber for help, it's always a lot of money wasted, but we need a working toilet.
Unfortunately, they didn't give me a time when they would get here, just asked if I would be home today
$125.00 later and I can finally take a bath
@JolietJake GOSH! It was expensive, but you finally can take a bath and use the toilet..
@moondebi (1209)
• Bangalore, India
Plumbing is a nagging kind of problem to be fixed.
I hate messing with it, but normally I can fix the problem...this time, I needed the big boys to do it
@Morleyhunt (19264)
You'll need to spend a lot of time here on Mylot while waiting for the plumber to arrive and fix the problem. I hope it's a quick, easy, inexpensive fix. Good luck with the cleaning up. (Can you tell, I've had to do this before)
It shouldn't cost much, I know where the clog is and they should be able to get it with a power-snake from the trap in the front yard, but even $50 is a big chunk of change for me.
• Lenox, Georgia
I'm sorry, they do cost so much money! I am glad it is fixed for you now though so you don't have to go to the gas station all the time and you can live again normally.