Flower Power

@Raelove (13954)
Saco, Maine
Well, my flower challenge was a huge success, and I feel immensely better having looked at all the great photos that everyone posted. Thank you all so much for playing along. Together, we planted quite the "garden," did we not? And here's another for you all, and in my favorite flower color of all: purple. These are pansies I got at a local garden center and transferred to a pot on my deck. I love pansies, because they last almost all summer. Again, thanks! (Photo is Mine)
@PainsOnSlate (18554)
I hope to join in on your flower challenge today, it's been busy, this vacation, joyful but busy. The only problem is I have no idea of the name of the beautiful blooms I'm seeing here in the south.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
No matter! We'll just enjoy it for its visual beauty in "our" garden! Thanks!
Down south they do much better when planted for fall. The summers are too hot and they just don't hold up...not where I live anyway.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
That makes sense, as they are a cool-weather flower. I used to see them just as spring got geared up around here, when it was still pretty cold at night.
@Raelove I've planted them early but we pretty much go from winter to summer with one day of spring.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill We've had that happen here in Maine, too, some years. We go from winter to summer in no time. It goes from 40 to 80 degrees without warning. Doesn't happen often, as we normally get long rainy chilly springs.
Well, I don't have any purple flowers here, but your's are very pretty.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks. I grew those two years ago on the deck of the apartment I was living in. I try to grow something no matter where I live.
I try to as well @Raelove but a ground squirrel moved in and has pulled up so many of my efforts
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
@rebelann Don't feel bad. I tried growing tomatoes on my deck 2 years ago. Squirrels ate all the blossoms before they even had a chance to produce fruit. So much for that!
• Lakewood, Colorado
Those are really gorgeous Rachel. Yes you did good yesterday with everyone posting flowers. I enjoyed it immensely. And look forward to more lovely photos.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
I like doing that more than anything. Photos of nature are my favorite. I take tons of them!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Raelove Nature is so soothing and those are my favorite photos too.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
@TiarasOceanView We are all part of nature. Flowers are just one of the most beautiful parts!
I leave the pansies in the garden and they come back every year.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
They're very faithful little plants, aren't they?
@Raelove They are, I am waiting to see mine bloom again.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
@LadyDuck Won't be long now.
It was nice to see so many bright and colourful flowers, and nice to get some ideas for myself I'll say! I love pansies too, I always try to plant some on May 2nd, which would have been my Dad's birthday. I like to play out in the garden in the dirt to remember the farmer who made a career out of playing in the dirt. We have them in various places in the garden.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
They're also called Johnny-Jump-Ups, and as you probably know, they self-seed. So if you grow them in the ground, you'll get more every year. I love pansies!
@Raelove Yes, they do come back, that's why we have them here and there.
I love those pansies. I bought some a few years ago and do not know why but lost them very fast.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
I kept them in the sun and well watered. That's about it. They lasted till about August.
@gudheart (12808)
These looks so beautiful :D Nature always manages me to smile with its beauty :D
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
She does me, too.
• Denmark
Pansies will come back if you leave them in a flower bed.
@Raelove (13954)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, and they self-seed, too, which makes more pansies!