Why Do We Die? The Bible's Answer

Death Is Our Enemy The Bible clearly states that “the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.” (1 Corinthians 15:26) and “the one having the means to CAUSE death, that is, the Devil” will also be brought to nothing. (Hebrews 2:14, 15) God does not cause death. The Devil causes death. When we understand why people die and what Jehovah God will do about death, that “there is going to be a resurrection,” we can find comfort for ourselves when someone we love dies and we can GIVE comfort to others who have lost someone to death. (Acts 24:15) We also need not have a morbid fear of death. The Bible contains a SACRED SECRET and once you understand it, you will have all the answers as to why there is so much suffering in the world and why we die and where this world is headed and what God’s promises are for the future. Of course, we don’t want to die and we don’t want our loved ones to die, but until God’s purpose towards humankind has been accomplished, death will remain our enemy. God has a purpose for humans and it will be accomplished according to HIS time table. So, why do humans die? The answer is at Romans 5:12-14 What hope is there for those who have already died? The answer is at Psalm 36:9 and Acts 17: 24, 25. Certainly the ONE who gave life to all living creatures is capable of restoring life to someone who has died. There are many examples in the Bible of those who were brought back to life, or who were healed of grievous illnesses and those whose sight was restored and those who were made to walk again. One person who had been dead for four days was brought back to life. (John 11:39-44) The Creator of life is eager to resurrect the dead. (Job 14:14, 15) so when will this happen? The Bible answers all questions about death and resurrection. The Bible is available in many languages for everyone who seeks answers about these questions. If you would like more information, you can go to and watch FREE videos and read Bible-based articles about many different subjects. You can also request FREE literature in your own language. If you do not have a Bible, you can read it online at that web site, in your own language.
• Midland, Michigan
I agree that God isn't the one that causes people to die, but rather Satan is behind all of that. If people would only understand just that would make a big difference in their prayer lives and beliefs regardless of which church they follow. My husband used to have many conversations with a certain family that frequented our neighborhood. I, too, shared much with Jw's from years back and in a different state where I was living at the time. Although, I don't agree with all of their teachings, several that are different from mainstream Christianity are things I've researched for myself and believe.
Would you be willing to tell me which teachings of JWs that you do not agree with? I love to discuss different teachings in light of what the Bible says. Everything that we believe should be backed up by what the Bible says. Would you agree with that?
• Midland, Michigan
@IreneVincent After talking with many JW's over the years, I know that they believe or ar taught that he already came back the first time in, I think it was 1914, or something like that. They also believe there is a limited number that will be ruling with him.