Excuses, excuses

For the second day in a row we have had our internet down. I had a list of things to do, including visit with my friends here. I also want to get started posting or writing for other sites. The internet is going to be my job. I need more money. Instead, I have been offline I will try again tomorrow.
@Asylum (48223)
• Manchester, England
I would find this completely unacceptable. Fortunately I never have such issues, which is why I have stayed with the same service provider for 14 years now.
This is a very rural area. My provider gets its services through another third party according to the e mail, and the third party had a cable cut. Construction projects are SUPPOSED to check before digging. Harumph.
@Asylum (48223)
• Manchester, England
@GardenGerty Disrupted cables are something that cannot be avoided.
Good luck with a better internet connection.
I explained to @Asylum that the cable that feeds, some distance from here got cut. Which means some fool did not call and locate the cable before digging.
I am told that this is the best and most reliable provider here.
That sounds so totally frustrating. I hope that the internet situation gets fixed so that you can begin the work that you are looking forward to doing.
It has been frustrating. I am sure it is for the people who are having to repair the cut cable.
This is too bad, I hope it's fixed now, it's annoying when you want to do more and you cannot.
It gave me a good reason to be outside some, though.
I now have to ISPs just to take care of such eventualities.
I do not think there is a second ISP available in this rural area, however I am going to get a mobile hot spot for traveling and this type of situation. My old one wore out.
This would be very frustrating. It seems when you want to start a new venture, things conspire against you for a while as if your resolve is being tested.
It is a real distraction from good intentions.
goodness @GardenGerty I wonder why they are offl ine I just got a sh oc k when I went to pay my ca ble bill insead of 55. 99 t was 6 0.99 dra it time Warner used to be 35 dollars a month darn,while I amn not ofen offline yet ca ble goes off if the pwer isoff for e ven one or two minutes and I have o reset the modem and router to get cable back on line
The let us know that they have a third party provider and the cable for that provider got cut, so they had to repair.
I hope that they can get everything sorted out! Have you expressed to them that the internet is your source of income and is thus needed?
It is even more urgent for my husband. We will get a mobile hot spot for emergencies and travel. It was a cut cable that our company gets their connection from. I know at one point it affected towns for twenty or more miles around us as well as us. It is so very rural and isolated here.
That's a true bummer. I would be so frustrated. When I have an issue I make sure they know I work on line and their problem is costing me money. Ugh!
@shshiju (10557)
• Cochin, India
What happened to your internet connection. Is it a service fault?
that would be pretty frustrating, still I guess one could get everything done, so as to be ahead of the game once the net is back on