Do you work out at home or the gym?

I started working out at home. I still have a membership that I don't use and should cancel. I liked working out in the gym when someone came with me. what I did not like there was the huge class and the machines facing the class window. I felt uncomfortable working out in there. Bending down and even laying on the floor doing workouts. I am home now using youtube and the videos are awesome. The music is upbeat and the instructors nice to follow. Now,don't get me wrong I am still a beginner and trampolining. However,I enjoy it a lot. I am going to do my workout at 1 am and shower and rest my body. How about you?
I prefer to work out at home, I do not like the gym, there are too many people and in my opinion in all gyms there is always a bad smell.
Yes and the wait for machines can b bad too.
@sharon6345 I agree, it's much better to stay at home.
@carlaabt (3505)
I usually work out at home. But a couple times a month I go to the gym. I'd do it more, except my I take my son with me. He thinks he's too big for the kid room, but he's too young to do anything except the track and basketball courts.
If I had a buddy I would go back.
@carlaabt (3505)
@sharon6345 I used to have a gym buddy when my son was 3-4. She had a son just a few months older than my son so they played well together. She moved when the kids were in kindergarten though.
I go for a half hour walk everyday and that is my exercise for the day.
I can't wait to bike ride in the summer.
I don't work out in the gym. Actually I don't like going to the gym because they are all strangers for me. And working out in the gym is boring for me since they are just tools. I don't work out at home, too. I go to work and go home on foot everyday. I regard it as my daily exercise.
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
My husband pays for a monthly membership and uses it diligently. He may go twice a day if there is a class he wants to attend. I am not adding another membership to our expenses. I would like to go if I could go with him but a) he goes at 7am and I sure as heck ain't up at that time; and b) I wouldn't be able to keep up with him. I try to get him to show me some exercises to do at home and for some reason he won't do it. The treadmill is just fine with me as I can watch tv while I walk. I like doing Wii but can't do that while watching tv (yes, I have been a television addict my whole life).
I just spoke to my gym and I am going to make my payment and return.
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@sharon6345 I hope you get the most for your money. My daughter's boyfriend bought her a membership and she used it a lot at first, but once she got this current job she just hasn't found the time or energy to go. Her boyfriend eventually got a membership and due to his work/school commitments I don't think he has found the time or energy to go either.
@KristenH (25308)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Both. I've been on a gym break since last October for health reasons and then for the weather. I hope to go back to gym to re-up my membership and join in March after a six-month break. My back misses the heated pools and my yoga classes. I also hope to resume home practice shortly afterwards too.
That is great. I wish you luck with that. I need to just get going in my house.
@KristenH (25308)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@sharon6345 Thanks Sharon. Home practice is also great, too.
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
I would much prefer to do it at home or going for a hike.
I find it rewarding to do it at home as well. I would not go for hike though.
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
@sharon6345 I find it much more relaxing at home than in the gym.
I am a terrible couch potato. The closest I get to working out is walking.
At least you will try that out. I know I love it.
@JDDANGER (140)
• Toronto, Ontario
I workout at home and really need to gt back into a good routine
@Blondie2222 (22881)
I prefer to work out at home in my own comfort zone instead of in front of people.