Do You Have a Traumatic Accident In Life?

I can’t believe I’m not driving a vehicle. I had my first time to have a vehicular accident 10 years ago. I can’t even bear to hold a steering wheel. I know that even just getting inside a car used to make you weak at the knees. The accident scared the daylights out of me because it was the first time I’ve even been involved in something that serious. The accident happened early in the morning when the streets were almost empty. I though it would be fine to run on high speed, which I did. I didn’t notice the barricade blocking a part of the road and I slammed hard into it, sending me to flip over. Luckily, there are no other cars around or it would have resulted in a pile up. It is a good thing I used a seatbelt to kep me from getting thrown around inside the car. I was so scared stiff that I didn’t move until I was taken out through the window. I got really lucky and I definitely learned my lesson.
I had one exactly 10 years ago too. I had 7 ribs fractured and two vertebrae. A tanker hit the auto we were travelling in I had to bed rest for 3 months but recoupe I did. I am fine now except that I take care not to lift heavy objects or twist my back.
@allknowing That's the real thing of being caught in accident. I hope you had recovered fast. It was really scary and I don't want to experience it again.
@Shavkat I wrote an article on it and published in a local magazine. The title was 'Happy moments' There were so many little things in that whole experience that I looked at the positive side.
@allknowing It is nice to hear that. I hope I could read it, too. I am so it is so very inspiring story.
@patgalca (14257)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I have had several car accidents over my lifetime, two that required a trip to the ambulance and one of those I was pregnant with my first child. 23 years later and I still get a pain in my side from the accident. I really don't like to drive much because of it. I am pretty happy my girls are driving now and can get them to drive when we have to leave town. I hate long distance driving/highway driving. I was not seriously hurt in either of those accidents but both those cars were totalled as I got hit pretty hard. Scary stuff. But I still drive.
@patagalca Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the accident. I will get all the courage to drive again. It would be a great experience if I have the chance to drive and be safe, too.
@Yar_Joey (3303)
so now you are not driving anymore because of the trauma? I drive a motorcycle but I drive defensively too.
@Yar_Joey I don't drive anymore after that incident. I guess the vehicular accident created a bad omen to me. I asked my brother to drive me.
@Yar_Joey (3303)
@Shavkat but I hope you still know how to drive because in emergency situations, we must always be ready (to drive).
@Yar_Joey I know how. But it is a little bit rusty now. I will do it in the right timing.
@srisahara (4155)
No, I do not have. I never have an accident. I hope it never come to me...
@srisahara I had also wished that. In some point, comes without knowing it. Thus, we need to keep safe at all times.
@srisahara (4155)
@Shavkat Yes, agree with you, always keep in safe is the best way to avoid traumatic accident. But if it has happened, accepting what happens will help us heal from the trauma.
@LeaPea2417 (19061)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Thank goodness you didn't die in the accident.
@LeaPea2417 I guess I was the lucky one. I have my second life and enjoying it right now. I do thank God for the second chance.
Wow that sounded very lucky and you had your seatbelt on. Great to hear no one else was involved or near by either. From this day forward, do you not drive anymore from this accident? I have only been in a minor accident and I was young so I don't remember much. Just on the way to the mall and a car rear ended us.
@infatuatedbby Yes, my dear. I never attempt to drive a car anymore. I just commute going to somewhere.