Am I the only one whose MyLot bank is frozen today?

Pleasant Hill, California
I noticed this morning that my bank didn't move for the first couple of hours as I was commenting away and responding to some emails. I was involved in a lot of conversations, and expected some decent movement. Then it moved a penny, and I wrote a post. The post received some attention, but my bank hasn't moved since the one penny move this morning. I feel so lonely! Tell me it's not just me. Actually, I suppose I should let @GoAskAlice know. I just did, didn't I? A random question: Do you think that when our bank moves, it's for our activity in the last hour? Or do you think there's a delay between activity and bank movement? I've never tested that one (you know I enjoy little experiments).
@pgiblett (6649)
I have noticed it on other days, but not today.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Mine started moving yesterday, but really slowly.
@mommaj (22768)
@pgiblett @TheHorse Lucky you. I didn't have the problem yesterday, but I do today. Could be I'm not doing anything today though. LOL Hmmm. Never mind. Think I found the problem. Must go interact.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@mommaj This one seems like a "roving" glitch. It doesn't seem to happen to everyone at the same time.
@topffer (29588)
• France
Poor Horse ! No, my earnings are not frozen today, although I have seen like you my earnings blocked during several hours 1 or 2 times, then everything restarts to work like if it never happened. I send you a virtual peck of oats to be patient.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks for the oats. I need a little energy.
Well frozen no, but I think today my earnings took on the resemblance of molasses !
@yukimori (8547)
His username is actually @GoAskAlice. I've noticed that a time or two, and it almost seemed to me that a discussion I'd participated in had been deleted. I know they've said that there aren't currently any penalties for deleted content, but that made me wonder about it. It seems like they would have had Alex say something if that policy had changed recently. I think the earnings are updated once an hour for the interaction you've received in the hour immediately prior to the update... not 100% positive, but that's how it seems based on my observations.
• Pleasant Hill, California
That's what I thought as well.
I have no idea how it all happens. I just know if I'm away my earnings drop to next to nothing.
@yukimori (8547)
@JudyEv It's all based on the interactions we receive, so that makes sense. Generally we'll get way more interaction when we're active than when we're away from the site.
@Asylum (46348)
• Manchester, England
My bank rose by a couple of cents on one hourly period, but has not moved at all for several hours.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Glad to know I'm not the only one affected.
@Asylum (46348)
• Manchester, England
@TheHorse I am beginning to wonder if I spilled evostick on my monitor.
@mommaj (22768)
@Asylum I used gorilla glue and crazy glue. I was trying to see which would work the best. LOL I am lucky I can get my fingers off the keypad as I type.
It usually takes a little bit in the morning for my bank to move, and then it gets on a roll. It's been moving quite nice throughout the day.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Mine has been really slow for two days, in spite of a lot of activity. I'm hoping for a big random jump today or tomorrow.
@TheHorse Mine is slow at the moment, but I was working my notifications from bottom up. I needed to clear out the oldest before they were lost forever. Now I'm back to doing them from the top down and hoping to see a faster increase.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@just4him Does that really make a difference? I'm kind of random about top down v. bottom up. I try to respond to all comments eventually.
@vandana7 (56834)
Mine is frozen too. It caught the North American chill. lol. Seriously, we the old mylotters hardly bother. We are accustomed to getting it updated on the following day. And that may be necessary because the program can run faster instead of inserting that routine every hour or so.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Funny how that goes. I hope mine updates soon! I had an arbitrary "target" set for this month. I'm already over $10, though.
@mommaj (22768)
@vandana7 That is the way I remember it. I was really surprised to see it updating through the day when I first returned here. It almost scared me. LOL @TheHorse Hope you get your guitar strings and some more wood filler. lol
@vandana7 (56834)
@TheHorse ..I am barely able to make 5 per month..lol
@Platespinner (17590)
My bank has moved rather slowly today, but it has moved. I honestly haven't been able to figure out how it works--I've had days when I've been very active and only made a dime, and days when I didn't even get on the computer and I still managed to earn nearly $0.50.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I call that the "randomness factor." But in general, my earnings correlated with my activity level.
@TheHorse I found out from someone else post @kevin1877uk that the system only updates every 2 hours. That would explain what I see happening when I'm on here for a while and see no change in my bank, leave for a few hours and discover that it has taken a significant jump when I come back even though I only have a minimal number of notifications.
@kevin1877uk (35776)
@Platespinner But today it's back to every hour, just yesterday it was every 2 hours. All seems well today.
I haven't noticed for myself and don't expect my bank to move much today because I haven't been active much. Hopefully your bank is accurate now.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I was lucky to have a couple of hours this morning when I could be really active.
@TheHorse Is your bank working now? I think mine is. I am on here usually more in the evenings.
@Drosophila (16881)
Ya my bank gets stuck then it will jump. There appeared to be some lag between interaction and €€ adding up
• Pleasant Hill, California
Mine was frozen yesterday and then started working again, but never "jumped." The same thing happened today.
@Drosophila (16881)
@TheHorse ya it's odd lately, am not even trying to fathom the bank anymore
I wish I could help, but I've been off and on and haven't looked at my account since last night. I hope it jumps tremendously. Who is the cute baby?
• Pleasant Hill, California
The baby was one of my young friends when I worked in Oakland. He was arguing with his mom about something. I think we was about 6-mos-old at the time.
@Dragonairy1 (1486)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
Mines been slow, but I just though it was because I've only been back a couple of days.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I find my bank (usually) picks up as soon as I get active again after an absence.
I noticed my bank has not moved all day either. Maybe it is just a glitch, I hope so anyway.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think it's a glitch. Mine has started moving again, but it hasn't caught up yet with my activity level for today.
My bank has not been doing that good either. Do not know why.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Have you been engaging an a normal amount of interacting?
who is the cute baby there.Well yes you are right mine have not moved.Thought that it was me. This is one of those going up in a few hours or less.Not sure .You are not alone. Who said this?
• Pleasant Hill, California
That's kind of a relief. Sometimes the problem seems to attack a small group, but not everyone. I hope it self-corrects, as I've been pretty active today! Oh, the baby is from when I worked in Oakland. He was mad at his mom about something. I think he and I became buddies when he was a few months older.
My bank has been frozen several hours yesterday, I only made a few cents by the time I turned off the computer, but when I looked this morning it has moved a lot, so I suppose that all the yesterday earnings were calculated.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Mine started to move yesterday afternoon, but it's still way behind where it should be. Now it's frozen again. Frustrating!
@TheHorse You should leave a message to Bug or Alex.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@LadyDuck I've forgotten how to properly contact Alex.
@MarymargII (7958)
• Toronto, Ontario
I'm thinking your right Anna, as I keep looking and see it hasn't moved but it didn't really register. Weird! Btw how can you get Pixabay or other photos on your post? I don't see a provision for using anything other than downloading your own?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Bubblews trained me to use only my own photos, as it seemed they were always looking for an excuse not to pay people.
• Toronto, Ontario
I didn't have any trouble with the Pixabay ones but don't see how to add them here.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@MarymargII I just don't bother. On Bubblews, there were certain pictures that were used over and over, and I grew tired of them. But then, I often reuse some of my favorite pictures, so I shouldn't be righteous about it.
I have no clue, since I don't check it but once a week. Sure, I might notice it, but I don't keep close tabs, like I did at the BB site.
• Pleasant Hill, California
How come you kept close tabs at "that other site"? I think I did too.
@TheHorse Because I had a goal. I wanted to hit about $300 per month. Here, since that isn't possible, I don't bother with goals.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@ElizabethWallace Ah, that was in the early days. I was able to surpass that on Epinions. But those days are long gone.
@kevin1877uk (35776)
It was like that yesterday or it was slow. Yesterday for me and a few others it was being updated every two hours.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Interesting. I think mine was frozen for a few hours. Then it was working.Then it froze again.
@kevin1877uk (35776)
@TheHorse I think they have some kind of problem but it seems to be fixed today. Is it working for you, today, running better.
mine's been frozen fer some time...ya know coz i aint been here? hopefully ya got it all ironed out, hon. i aint ne'er figured the earnin' from these kinda places.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Wail, get back to work! The cows ain't gonna fix the baler!
@TheHorse sadly i had to sell off the cows 'n a bunch 'f horses some years back :( i know...'xcuses're like - well, ya know ;)
@T_gray (7899)
• Salina, Kansas
I have always tried to figure out how it works and I can't seem to grasp it. But me and another person have noticed that it is only updating every two hours now. At least for us. Which I hope it goes back to an hour because I seemed to get more that way.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I thought it was still supposed to update every hour at :18 or so.
@T_gray (7899)
• Salina, Kansas
@TheHorse I thought so too, but since last night it started only updating ever two hours around that time. And it's still doing it. Like I said, it's doing it for the two of us. I am eager to see if its doing it for others too.