Getting married or having kids yet living at home?

@ricki_911 (20079)
Toronto, Ontario
Now I can understand doing this then hard times come up. But my friend moved her then boyfriend in and since got married. She whines about living with her parents all the time, yet why did you have this giant wedding. I just shake my head, I would of had a small wedding then save more money to move out. Yet,they spend and spend. I could never do this, and I find it a little irresponsible. You should be getting married or having kids if your parents are paying everything.
If you get married you should be living on your own.
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
That is how I see it. I just thought is that just my opinion. Her parents support both of them.My parents would never have that.
@kevin1877uk (36985)
No I don't think so, ok times are hard but no I could have done that, no way.
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
Me neither. It would never happen.
@kevin1877uk (36985)
@ricki_911 No my parents would have let me when I married (now divorced) and besides we had our our house.
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
@kevin1877uk I think it is rather irresponsible, and why are you getting married and having kids yet can't afford a house or even renting.
That is true but,some parents want to help the kids start a new life together. I would want min out the house when those changes take place.
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
Neither of them have responsibilities, not really teaching them anything. Just means they will have kids (and I hope they dont as i can see a divorce coming), and their parents will be stuck with it.
@ricki_911 Lol that is crazy..
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
@sharon6345 They weren't dating that long,neither can hold a job,and her parents now support them both. They both act very immature, and she complains about him all the time.
If she really wanted to be someplace else she would make it a priority and do something to get to that point.
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
I completely agree,she keeps calling me and thats all she talks about. I said I'd never have that happen. i can see them moving out and splitting because they have no concepts on paying a bill.
But she had a choice to get a big wedding and wanted a big wedding?! I would go with the smaller wedding and use that other money toward renting or living on your own.
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
She went all out, it was ridiculous.Some of the items like centre pieces could of been from the dollar store yet she paid $20 each.
@shubhu3 (23899)
• New Delhi, India
We should be independent and well settled by our own selves and then should marry someone.The parents have grown you up not just to keep on living using their money but to make your own,do something big for the, and have an independent life of yours as well.
I remember when my brother was here with his wife and kid. the utlities were skyrocketing and he only contributed so little money. All that change when he finally decided to move out, which was the happiest days of our life because he is now experiencing the expenses way more than what he had back home. it's not right for my mom if i get married and remain in the house.