I don't like to talk about it.

Banks, Oregon
I don't like to talk about it, but I know I have anxiety, panic attacks and, probably ocd and, or pstd. I have never been diagnosed with anything because I hate doctors and, don't really trust them, but based on other people that have it and, the symptoms they talk about. I have them all. I don't do well in big crowds at all. I get shaky on the inside. I mean I can force myself to try to act normal, but I don't feel normal at all, basically any situation or people I'm not comfortable around I get that way, that's why I try to avoid stress and, confrontation at all costs. I can't have a job like normal people do, because the only way I am completely comfortable is by myself or with people I trust. The reason I say ocd is because I am only happy if I have control and, my daily routines.
I was first diagnosed with an adjustment disorder. Basically I would get anxiety if friends were doing things I wanted to do but couldn't. I was essentially jealous. This faded over time and then I was diagnosed with Bipolar with Depressed Moods. I refused to take the medicine. Yes I had times of manic and times of depression. Over the years this has changed. I do not have the times of mania, but I do still get depressed. Honestly you can't always trust doctors and what they diagnose. I know they try, and I know there are honest ones out there, but so many just want to prescribe medicine to get a boost in income. I can understand anxiety and feeling as if you have to force yourself to be friendly etc in public. I prefer to keep to myself and only associate with a few close friends.
I get along with friendly people and, people that are respectful and, I can trust, but very few people are like that. Basically I have no problems unless I am around people that are rude, loud and, disrespectful.
That's rough. I can't imagine what you go through with all that. Maybe you should go to a doctor, or at least that doctor app I heard about would be helpful for you.
I don't go through anything, because I avoid the situations that cause it.
@TRBRocks420 That's a good thing.
@just4him Like mainly I don't think there is anything wrong with me, but I know that is what Doctors would call it. I think I just don't like mean people or stress and, as far as being in control and, doing what I like to do, isn't that what any logical person wants?
Don't you have friends who are in the medical profession, your gonna need a lot of either medication or therapist to deal with that. maybe hang out with your close friends more if they haved the time, you can't just be yourself all the time. unfortunately for me, i got not much friends to hang out with as i have been distance with them for a long time.
I am not sure what you are talking about buddy. I am completely happy with my life and, there is no reason I need to be around strangers. I will just have my own business and, also work online. I have family and, my pets, all I want or need, plus many friends here.
@TRBRocks420 well, if your happy, then good for you. maybe my opinion is out of order here lol sorry.
@Letranknight2015 It's ok I'm a little defensive about it sometimes.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
I have sever everything..and it sucks. I am on medication for most of it and go to therapy once a week. It took over 30 years to find the right meds and the right therapist...so I know it is hard. I am here for you if you ever want to talk about any of it. You know I will understand it.
Yeah, I know you are and, mostly it's ok because I just avoid situations with stress and, anything dangerous. But it's just because a lot of people don't understand, why I mostly like being by myself or only with people I trust.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
@TRBRocks420 I understand because I am the same way. I try to avoid situations myself too but unfortunately I can't always. But I am always with someone I trust if I have to go into a situation that is stressful and it helps. I prefer to be by my self too
@T_gray That's why we are such good friends, we get each other and, are a lot alike. Same I mostly only go places with my Mom, Dad or Bro.
But if you want these to be corrected , it is best that you see a specialist for them , my friend ,
I don't think there is a medicine that's going to make me like that stuff though, but I hear you.
@TRBRocks420 There may be no medicine but perhaps he can give some advises on how to be able to control them . I hope you will soon find a way to control them , my friend .
@SIMPLYD I already do. I just stay out of stressful and, dangerous situations, also when I am in them. I have learned to control it. I just don't like it
I trust mydoctor with all my heart as he has taken good care of me all these years.I am, just an introvert who does not d o well at large parties or l arge groups b ut I have no mental disorders now that I have conqu ered panic attacks.
Glad to hear that and, I honestly don't consider there is anything wrong with me, other then I don't like lots of people, especially rude, loud and, disrespectful people. I just named the disorders, because that's what other people call it.
@TRBRocks420 yes thats what I thought when I read it I also get upse with l oud rude insensitivepeople
@Jackalyn (6876)
• Oxford, England
To be honest, I know someone like this who accessed all the services and the treatment offered did not help. However accessing some cognitive behavioural therapy did. Mostly, in books.
I am very happy. I just don't like jerks or dangerous things, but thank you though, when in bad situations. I just picture something I like and, smile.
The only anxiety I have is when I am in a room without windows. Or tight spaces without windows and I don't feel safe. I have to know where all the exits are at all times or else I will be very paranoid.
I wouldn't like a situation like that either, always need to know where the exit is too.
Do what is best for you because you know your body and mind.
Thank you and, yes that's true.
@VivaLaDani13 (22148)
• Perth, Australia
First of all and I really have to say this, who says that having these things isn't normal? I know what you MEAN but I think having these things, as annoying as they are, shows you're alive. No offense to other people but so many people live a very sheltered life and have no idea what it is like to hurt, stress, go through a hard time etc. Having what you have can also be used to help others. I don't mean helping others to cure it but for me for example, I immediately felt a stronger connection to you because I share some of the same things you mentioned and I always feel better talking to people who have what I have because I am getting sick of talking to people who don't have it because they seriously don't understand ( again, no offense to them ). I have always liked you, you know that but reading this post has made me feel closer to you because we now share some things in common and I think it's awesome for you to come out and say it! A lot of people hide it for fear of being judged! ( which of course is also fine if you don't want to share it ). But I mean it's awesome because this is who you are. May not always be. Your symptoms may get better or they may get worse who knows, but for now, I for one, have your back to take you for who you are and I'm very happy you've shared this information about yourself! I really wish I had something to say that could help, but I don't because I share some of the same issues and dealing with the same issues. If I ever find a way to deal with them better then you can be sure I will come to you to help you out. And of course, you know where to find me if you're struggling. I may not have the answers but you can be sure I will listen and I will TRY to guide you. I sound like such a pansy but I swear, you're not alone. One thing I can say, is that I found it very interesting how much my OCD improved after getting certain people out of my life or changing things that stressed me out. May not be the same for you but being surrounded by things that stress you out or seem out of control, can lead to you performing rituals etc that help you feel like you're in control. My OCD was extremely bad when I was a kid because my parents would have really bad fights so me sticking to my OCD felt like I had some control and of course, me sticking to them made me believe that it would fix the issues even though I knew it wouldn't. Then I was in that really bad relationship with my ex and because he was controlling me, my OCD was even worse. Once he was out the picture my OCD started to become more controllable. I still have it but it gets worse when I'm stressed. I don't know what you do that makes you think you have it so I am sorry if none of this can relate to you but just saying I understand OCD. I will tell you one day about them because....dude....it was seriously exhausting when it was bad. The things I had to do....never hurt anyone or anything but it was exhausting. And anxieties...man oh man.....same as you, I find it hard to go out because I don't trust people etc. We have pretty similar out looks on life. But dude, I swear, I am here for you! Now after you reading that friggen novel....I hope you're having a good day!
Aw you're sweet and, yeah sometimes I think it's perfectly normal and, it's just my way of staying safe, also like you say things are much better, when not around stress and, rude people that make you feel on edge or uncomfortable. I just like peace and, quiet and, to be able to do my own thing and, I love people, just only nice people, with manners and, respect. Anyway hope you are having a good day too
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 I understand what you mean. I like nice people too but for some reason even then, I don't always want to be around them. I mean yes I want to be around people but other times I really don't no matter how fun or kind those people are. My theory is because I'm scared to get close to people due to others hurting me so much. So it is safer to spend more time away from them. Thank you dude! :)
@VivaLaDani13 Yeah, that's true too, you got to be careful who you get close too. I kind of just give what others give me these days. I have been screwed over a lot of times too and, you're welcome
@nanette64 (17971)
• Fairfield, Texas
I hate it when certain tendencies are 'labelled' @TRBRocks420 . I find that deep breathing and taking your mind to a pleasant place is the way to go. When anxiety builds, the brain releases chemicals that can aggravate the situation. Taking your mind to a special, happy place can help.
It does help a lot and, that's what I usually do too. I also hate it, because rather than anything being wrong with these people. I think they just don't like dumb people or dangerous things lol.
@yalul070 (1750)
• Manila, Philippines
you know, by knowing what is it that's really causing you that fear, you will be able to overcome it in no time. consult a doctor, my friend.
It's not fear, it's just not liking dumb people or dangerous things. I don't want to overcome that lol.
@alchemistrx (2569)
I am depression medication because my mother got me diagnosed with the doctors. I try to be understanding because i think im in denial.Its because i feel i am now okay and i need to get away and have a life.
Sorry to hear that I'm not depressed though I am happier than I have ever been.
@Ladypeace (2047)
It's beautiful that you are self aware yet comfortable in your own skin.
Thank you and, I am a very happy person