Amazon's mTurk experiences?

Hi! I am just curious to know if anyone has any positive or negative experience with Amazon Mturk - apparently it's some sort of online earning program of Amazon's, where I believe they generally pay small amounts for completed tasks. That is just about all of my knowledge of the subject. Since I know a lot of you here on MyLot are pros at the online earning stuff, I figured I would ask here first before deciding to join or not. Do you have any insight? Have you ever gotten paid from Amazon mturk? What types of tasks do they have you complete?
@boiboing (12407)
• Northampton, England
I did it for a while and earned about $60 but earning in US amazon credit wasn't much use to me in another country so spending it was almost as hard as earning it.
What does US Amazon credit mean? Does this mean you can only use it on Amazon products?
@yukimori (9046)
My experience with Amazon's Mechanical Turk has been largely positive. There are a lot of small, low-paying tasks to complete. I mostly stick to the academic studies that pay a little bit more, although you have to be careful to read their questions carefully because they do like to throw in random questions to make sure you're actually paying attention when you respond. The tasks can vary a lot. I've done photo categorization tasks, academic surveys, website functionality checks, product categorization, and a few app tests. There are also some fairly prolific requesters that put up a lot of transcription tasks.
@softbabe44 (5902)
• Vancouver, Washington
I was going to do it but decided not to.