Are you the "Nester" in your house?

@bunnybon7 (33048)
Holiday, Florida
I believe every house has to have a nester in order to be a home. It is usually mom or wife, tho a man could be. That is my problem every time I move. A nester is the one that makes sure there is food in the pantry and plates, utensils, etc. to eat it with. pots and pans and things to cook with. Blankets, sheets, pillows, to insure comfort for family to sleep. Cleaning supplies to make sure things are clean. Every time I move, I have to buy all these things back because I thought someone else would be the nester , but it didn't always turn out that way. Over days, son has said, I don't need a lot for himself. That is because he is a man that generally ends up with a nester and it is not him. !! We have been locking horns over what I need and don't want to buy again, hence me having to tell him, "I am a nester". Do you understand what I am saying? are you the nester. Oh to be willy nilly like son.
@T_gray (7898)
• Salina, Kansas
I believe I am a nester too. Pretty sure I always have been
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
me to even when i was a kid. my mom worked and i did most of the house work
@T_gray (7898)
• Salina, Kansas
@bunnybon7 That's how it was at our house too
I have always been the one who planned everything when we bought a new house and got it ready.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
exactly. you are the home maker
@yukimori (8545)
I'm really confused, because I've always brought all those things with me when I moved. Do you not do that?
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
i did not when i moved in with someone that already had all that. so it bit me when i found out i needed to move again. lol
I think we both just do what is necessary. My husband was a single dad for many years so he knows as well as I do what is needed.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
yes he is an exceptional man obviously. most men just leave it up to us. my late hubby was like that because he was a bachelor having to cook and do things for himself. when i moved in he had all those things needed for a home.
@bunnybon7 I hope you can get yourself set up the way you like it. Take it easy though.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
@paigea hard to do that with son bringing up the move as soon as i get up in the morn and last at night hes a jerk!!
I cook whenever i am at home on weekends . My husband and i also buys foods but for the other needs it's usually the in-laws since they are the ones always left at home , when we go to work .
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
so they are the ones that make sure there are utensils to eat and cook with, pots and pans, etc.
@bunnybon7 Actually mixed because some of the utensils are from us , when we transferred to our parent's -in-law's house as per their request , when they become old already . But when i cook , i like using my utensils . They're nicer and convenient to use.
Yes, I'm a nester. I see to it that everything is taken care of.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
yes I even go so far as having extra things on hand. which makes it hard if you are moving
@bunnybon7 I have a hard time keeping anything extra on hand.
I've lived in the same house for over 40 years, but if I were to move I would take everything that I needed with me. I don't quite understand why you haven't done that? I don't see myself as a nester, but as I do all the things you say a nester does, I suppose I am
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
when I moved out of my own house to move in with daughter she had most things to make a home and it costs more the more you have to move from az to florida , so we sold a lot in a yard sale. I thought I would be living out my days with her. but got my own place soon cause I didn't realize how difficult it is for a 60 yrs. old to live with 2 teen aged spoiled kids. so had to buy back. then moved 3 yrs later with son nd his fiancé, etc. its a long story. I should tell again I guess, but it is mostly all on here from years back when I first started here
@bunnybon7 Thanks for explaining, I understand now.
hmm, since i aint moved'n o'er 35 years i aint quite sure how to answer such?? if'n i were to move though, i'd bring all my 'essentials' with 'n not've the need to purchase more.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
thats the problem. kids keep saying they think its cheaper to replace then pay for more to be moved. but most haven't tried it yet.
@bunnybon7 oh, young'uns...ya know they know e'erythin' 'n we're jest not too bright? jest ask 'em, they'll be happy to tell ya so whilst rollin' their eyes. big hugs!
@mom210 (5797)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I guess that would be me. I make it all happen at my house, they would all starve without me
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
yes being the mom. i used to be mom to 5 and to hubby also. lol. and sometimes others in the family would be staying. hard habit to break. believe me
@mom210 (5797)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@bunnybon7 It is funny, they all know how to cook, but they are just used to be doing it.
with that said,I am the nester. I never heard this term before today either.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
I may have made it up or got it from an old school saying. lol. I mean after all there is a thing called empty nest.
@bunnybon7 Yes and that one I sure have heard about.
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes I am the one who worries about everything. I make a house a home.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
i see you understand
I am the nester in my house and have been wherever I've lived, even way back in my college dormitory. I love making even a small room a comfy place to live. I enjoy stocking the cupboards with groceries, keeping plenty of food in the freezer, buying cute decorations, etc., all things that make a home a home.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
yes that is why son doesn't understand. he has never had to do that. either I or his woman always did.
I believe I'm a true nester at heart.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
yes like myself
@Lucky15 (33700)
with all the description of a nester, i think i am. like worries a lot, making everything ready, buy things that has to be in the pantry
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
yes you make the house a home
When I was younger I was a nester. Now my daughter is.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
that's what I thought last time I moved in with her, then didn't work that way, so this time I am keeping all I can
@carlaabt (3508)
I do all these things at my house too. Probably too much. Ha. I just bought a new comforter set for my bed. My son asked me why when we already had so many. My answer was "Because I want a new one!" Ha.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
cute. thats telling him..lol
es am a nester bt fortunatl y my son was one too so we got along s pendidly because of that the only thing that irritatedme was him bringing back stuff I threw out that had not been used in years.e wouls always say keep those as wemany need them and so it went.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
I would love to have such a son. lol. mine is, like what do we need that for? but then when he needs things, guess who he asks if I got that?
@simone10 (22262)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I think it is a tie between my brother and I. I am naturally a nester, being a Mom. He also has that quality and is the one who busy all the stuff we need.