We had a long chat about those pills.

Today,I could not help it and told him we needed to talk. I took his keys off my ring and tried to return them to him. I told him that I can't sit back and care about him when he does not care enough about himself. I told him that I am the only person with a key to his house and refuse to walk in and find him dead. We had a long talk and he admitted that he knows he needs help. However,he does not see how he is effecting me with his addiction. he took all my pills for my foot and I was upset. I get them free with my insurance card and he just keeps asking for pills an taking them when he sees the bottle laying on the table. He begged me not to leave n would not take the keys back. he wants to work on detoxing on his own. I told him if I don't see him making changes it's rehab or I'm gone because,I deal with enough already. So,I think it went well. or at least I hope it did.
Addicts will say anything. Whether they will stand by what they say is totally different. The longer he has been an addict the less store I would put in anything he says. He needs to go get detoxed, not try to do it on his own. Won't happen. Sorry!
@yukimori (9040)
@sharon6345 But he's still an addict, hon. He's such a slave to his addiction that he's stealing the pills you need for your foot to feel better from you. That's the addict, right there. They don't give a sh*t what harm they cause to others--just that they get their fixes when they need them.
@yukimori That is just what I told him and he said that i not true. But,that is truly how it felt to me.
@sharon6345 ...I hope he can dump them.
• Japan
Those pills need to be somewhere else. Car? Work? A friend's house?
@Auntylou (4319)
• Oxford, England
That is good advice from @pentatonicsa keep your pills away from him!
@Auntylou (4319)
• Oxford, England
Be true to your word, and don't trust his word ,only his action
That I can do thanks.
@yukimori (9040)
@sharon6345 That, and keep in mind that past behavior is a really good indicator of how someone will behave in the future.
@yukimori Yes that is what I am going to do. Thanks
Stand your ground, it may be what causes him to get the help he needs.
I plan on it for sure. I got rid of one problem I am not taking on another.
You did say the right things to him. All you can do is hope everything he does now will be to get off of those pills.
It's gonna hurt you in the end, i'd say leave him that could give him a wake up call to change. i don't see him changing very soon.