The story of the Polar Grizzly.

Banks, Oregon
The story of the Polar Grizzly, some hunter shot a Polar Bear on a legal hunt out in the Arctic. I know I don't think it should be legal to hunt any Bear ever, but back to the story, it turned out it wasn't a pure bread Polar Bear, it was a mix between a Polar Bear and, a Grizzly, it's the only known one in the wild ever to be documented, they believe a Grizzly killed the Polar Bears babies, causing her to go into heat quicker. I know weird, but that's wild life for you anyway, they believe those two had a baby, that survived 6 years, with out being discovered until the hunter shot him, most think he probably has a brother and, sister out there some where though.
@crossbones27 (20779)
• Redlands, California
I think I heard something about this a while back. They believe polar bears are grizzly bears that evolved to survive the polar regions. It is also being speculated that now the climate is doing funky things that polar bears will more or less become grizzly bears again. This might be the first sign.
• Redlands, California
I also believe that hunter almost got in trouble because while I think it is legal to shoot a grizzly. It is very illegal to shoot a polar bear unless your life is being threatened. . He claimed he thought it was a grizzly all the way.
@crossbones27 The exact other way around, at least back then, he almost got in trouble because they thought he shot a Grizzly and, he had a Polar Bear tag, it's not legal to bring a Polar back to America any more though.
@TRBRocks420 He ended up not getting in trouble, because it was half Polar.
Polar Bear and Polar Grizzly are different animals, Do they look different?
Since they are rare, I think this will be the Polar Bear.
Yes, they look very different for the most part. Grizzlies are usually dark brown and, Polar Bears are white, but sometimes there is blonde Grizzlies, that kind of look similar to Polar Bears.
@infatuatedbby Yes, that is a Polar Bear.
Interesting story.
Thank you. I thought so too.
@TRBRocks420 I didn't think different species would mate on their own like that.
@just4him It's very unlikely, but it's possible. I just watched a documentary about it with Scientists and, other experts discussing it.
@VivaLaDani13 (21595)
• Perth, Australia
Never heard of a mixed bear like that before. Really sad about the shooting though. :(
Yes, I wish people would leave our Bears alone.
• Preston, England
really sad to shoot any animal but especially one so rare
I agree very sad. I hope he did have a brother or sister. Bears usually have two or three cubs so there is a chance.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
It seems so cruel to shoot Polar bears
I agree. I love Bears, they shouldn't be hunted.