Sad to announce Persona Paper is closing down

Just read a post from the owners about them not being able to carry on as they are not earning much. I had a nice time there and earned too. I wish them well.
I didn't earn much there, did have one post that went viral, surprised the heck out of me. Didn't even realize what had happened until one of the owners messaged me and I realized it was getting a LOT of views... I had joined looking for another 'myLot' but there's no place like home.
I am sad to announce - the final nail has been set. This article was posted on Persona Paper - where we you can earn value for your content.
I earned a total of 60 dollars there but lately there was not much traffic. The owners are honest and above board.
@JolietJake I did not know we could post it here.
@Shiva49 (12977)
I was not there but I heard it is similar to MyLot - siva
@mammots (3279)
Its not like mylot at all because they required perfect English even from members who are not native English speakers.
@mammots I liked it just for that. It is good to read good English and those who are not English speakers sometimes write better.
@mammots (3279)
@allknowing Yes so true. All contents posted there are all exceptionally good and are so enjoyable to read but unfortunately did not generate enough revenue to keep the site afloat.
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I learned of this late this afternoon and am saddened by the news, though I can understand why it must be so.
You have myLot now. Be here as often as you can
@DWDavis (10771)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@allknowing I will, though I do have to take time to work on my new book project. It is coming along nicely.
@DWDavis Good for you. Do what you think needs priority. Are you anywhere near reaching payout there?
That is unfortunate. I did like it there but it always just caused problems with my computer.
@allknowing yes that happened to me and then it froze my computer right up a few times. I tried from the library and the same thing happened there.
@paigea There were too many issues that affected the earnings for the site as well. I feel sorry for them as they were so sincere, honest and over board.
@allknowing That is too bad. I did always hope I would get to spend enough time there to reach one payment!
@FourWalls (13737)
I just saw that. I hate it.
What is it that you hate the announcement or the site?
@FourWalls (13737)
@allknowing -- the announcement. That was one place where it was tough to cheat. You had to write an article to be accepted. Good writing there.
Oh that's sad. I was on there for a short time but never earned much because how slow the activity was. I hate hearing of so many sites closing. =(
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
So sad. I found being there a good experience. Not many places left now.
@mammots (3279)
This is very sad news about persona paper. I tried to log in to my account and surprisingly i was still able to. The "I am sad to announce --- The final nail has been set" content posted by elitecodex was long, straight to the point but heart wrenching to read. Even though i am not an active member there anymore but knowing that all their efforts to keep persona paper a success failed breaks my heart to pieces.
I heard that today as well, but never belonged.
@Gina145 (4004)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I'm so glad I saw this post because I haven't visited Persona Paper for ages. I was never very active there, so I doubt I've got any content worth rewriting, but I'd better check. It's really sad to see that site go because the interaction was really good, but at least the owners were always honest about the situation, unlike some other failed sites I was a member of.
@Marcyaz (35671)
Sorry to hear it is closing down but who knows it might do better in the future if it comes back.
@Blondie2222 (21790)
I've never visited the site but i am not surprised as alot of sites our shutting down lately. I feel bad for those that rely on it though to make money online.
@UmiNoor (3487)
I just learned about this sad news yesterday and I am quite saddened about it. I thought that it could have been a good replacement for Bubblews.
With myLot around which is well established this is where all will flock.
@UmiNoor (3487)
@allknowing I guess that is what is going to happen. It's good news for myLot because with more members mean it will be more merry here.
@UmiNoor Hope so.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think I signed up there but never really got started. Can't remember why.
I did well there. I have well over a thousand posts which I must try and recover.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@allknowing Hopefully they won't "pull a Bubblews" and give you no time to copy your best posts.
@TheHorse These are very honest and above board kind. They are a young couple and always shared their issues with us from time to time.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
This does not come as any surprise to me. I joined there after the demise of Bubblews, but did not stay very long. The earnings were extremely slow, which soon reduced activity and when I have looked at the site recently there were only 2 or 3 constantly active members.
I earned 60 dollars there Would lose those 3 that I have now earned. I had a nice time there.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
@allknowing I did not stay long enough to reach payout.
@Asylum I have well over a thousand posts there which I will try and retrieve.
@Lucky15 (33386)
I saw the site but won't allow me to sign up since i came from the Philippines
That rule was implemented later. It was there for Indians too but they allowed existing members to continue
@Lucky15 (33386)
@allknowing i discovered persona thru mylot. then look for it.
@troyburns (1430)
• New Zealand
It's not a good market for sites like PP and MyLot, so hoping that this sad trend won't continue until all the casual/social writing venues are gone. The crew over at PP always seemed to be doing their best - sorry that things didn't work out for them.
myLot has a good grounding. You can read about them in Alexa.
I never joined that site, but had it as a 'back-up plan' in case anything happened to Mylot. Sorry it's gone if you enjoyed it there.
I got to hear about myLot coming back there. I had a nice time there and earned quite a bit too. Sad it is closing down.
@Platespinner (16492)
I started an account there but never did much with it...it's sad that they had to shut down.
It was a nice site.
@allknowing it is sad, but fortunately I didn't much time in there.
You could have had a nice time there as the community was good and you could have earned too but at a slow pace I earned 60 dollars there.