Non-sense Post - Number six

Shipwreck off Cape Cross Namibia
@Inlemay (16470)
South Africa
Dont despair I have another one for you! Almost like reading about the story of Pi - the discovery of Cape cross is quite an interesting read. I shall be visiting this area in 8 days time - so I thought i would give you the heads-up and a little travel info. Make some mind pictures! "Cão . . . During his first voyage, thought to have taken place in 1482, he reached a place he called Monte Negro, now called Cabo de Santa Maria, roughly 150 km southwest of today’s Benguela, Angola. During his second voyage, in 1484–1486, Cão reached Cape Cross in January 1486, being the first European to visit this area. During this voyage he proceeded c. 1,400 km farther than during the first one. He is known to have erected two padrãos in the areas beyond his first voyage, one in Monte Negro, and the second at Cape Cross. The current name of the place is derived from this padrão. What can today be found at Cape Cross are two replicas of that first cross." "Today Cape Cross is a protected area owned by the government of Namibia under the name Cape Cross Seal Reserve. The reserve is the home of one of the largest colonies of Cape fur seals in the world" Remember when I wrote about the worst smell you had ever smelt . . . well my hubby says that this Seal Reserve is a smell I will ever forget! Should I be worried? Could it be worse than the smell of puke? Imagine seeing the LARGEST FUR SEAL island!! WOW - photo is my hubby's
animals can have a very strong musk, that's for sure
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
eeeek - I shall report back how awful it is - i am worried how i am going to look with my new TRAVEL NOSE PLUG taking photos ? Imagine the sight - the seals might even laugh at me
@Inlemay some kind of rub with menthol in it, you wont smell a THING
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
@Jessicalynnt thats a good idea - I have just the thing to take with - my bags are getting fuller and fuller. Precaution after precaution!!
@gudheart (12763)
Oh sounds worrying! Hope you manage to take a peg or something to block your nose!
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
that is a brilliant idea - I have added PEG or nose PLUG to my travel list!
@Marcyaz (35793)
Very interesting read.
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
glad you enjoyed it
@Auntylou (4330)
• Oxford, England
You will have to report back on the smell!
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
Oh I definitely will - what a topic?
This is very interesting. Enjoy your trip there and take lots of pictures and be sure to let me know if it is a worse smell than puke.
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
I shall remove my nose plug for a moment to smell the awful smell to give you all feed back
@Inlemay I look forward to it.
You'll soon be able to smell it first hand - I'm quite glad that smells can't come through the computer
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
ha ha ha - me too
Animal smells can be most ferocious.
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
tell me about it