Tales of the Village - Missing Kitties

@boiboing (12882)
Northampton, England
For nearly three weeks our village Facebook page has been filled with photos of a little fluffy black cat called Treacle. Treacle's mum has been keeping local awareness of her missing kitty high with updates on her search for her furry friend. People have been checking their sheds and garages, keeping an eye out for Treacle and offering words of encouragement. That said, I rather suspect that many of us readers had pretty much assumed that poor Treacle was a 'goner'. Suddenly this afternoon, totally out of the blue, came the good news that Treacle had just walked through the cat flap and was home. He was a bit scruffy and a bit skinny but he was back. The prodigal kitty has returned and there is village rejoicing. We're not quite slaughtering the fatted calf but I'm sure his mum will be cracking out the best cat food and giving her boy lots of cuddles and attention. Of course it's highly likely that we'll never know where Treacle has been but I like to wonder if he and my cat Baloo have been partying together the last few days.
@xFiacre (4819)
@boiboing Cats are so irritating that way. I've lost count of the number of new cats I've got for my distraught wife when one of hers goes missing just for the missing cat to turn up hale and hearty as soon as the new cat is installed and there's no way she'll get rid of the replacement and so it goes on.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
I suspect your wife is hiding them and the cats are part of the plot.
@xFiacre (4819)
@boiboing you may be onto something there - I'm always a bit slow on the uptake.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
@xFiacre Husbands generally are.
Such unity in a village is heartwarming to hear. I am glad he made it home.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
It's not all unity and peace in our village. They can get worked up about the silliest things. But when it comes to animals, people are very supportive
@boiboing ...People with too much time on their hands get stuck in their own hands at time and can cause weird thinking. Usually people are good about animals.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
@celticeagle I should probably make a post about the 'photo-shaming' of bad parking. They love that.
@Morleyhunt (20438)
We've had mysteriously disappearing and reappearing cats in the past. Rainbow had the most hair raising experience.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
Rainbow is a nice name. Is Rainbow a boy or a girl?
@Morleyhunt (20438)
@boiboing rainbow was female...she had a kitten we called, Pot of Gold, Pog for short.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
@Morleyhunt Poor little Pog.
I am sure that somewhere near your village a big "cat party" has been held and the all missing kitties we will back home in the next few days.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
I think you might be right. Probably drinking all the booze that my husband and I didn't have in our dry January and getting stoned on cat nip.
ah, i have a cat that disappears for days, even weeks, even months... always comes back fatter than ever. glad your prodigal kitty returned
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
It's very hard to know when to panic when cats behave like that.
In the light of your last post, the partying could be quite a possibility
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
Poor Baloo is back to his normal self but I really do wonder where he was for those few days.
@Lucky15 (33718)
Great that the kitty is now back :)
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
Treacle's family are very happy to have him back
@Missmwngi (10773)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Waoh good thing the cat was found
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
Yes, I think there's a collective sigh of relief.
No comment and no cats here
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
yea he was probably out on the town lol. Glad she got her kitty back.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
It's hard having a bad cat who likes to wander but it's part of the nature of cats that they do what they want to. I'm also glad that Treacle got home.
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
@boiboing Yup it is the nature of cats.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
@fishtiger58 I'm sure that if he wasn't neutered he'd be off for months at a time.
I often wish I had a gps collar with a camera on my cat, where did he go, lol
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
The problem with Baloo is he's like Harry Houdini with collars.
@boiboing oh I didnt think I could keep the collar on Deezer either, but you know, it would have been fascinating
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
@Jessicalynnt I'd have to get Baloo togged up in some kind of multi-strap kitty bondage outfit to have a chance of keeping it on him.
We also have local news. They come in printed form once a week. But they're boring compared to what you get.
@Dena91 (4523)
Happy to hear Treacle made it home once again.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
Yeah, me too. If only to get a different topic to read about. Seriously though, our village FB page really pulls people together at times like this.
@Auntylou (4318)
• Oxford, England
How nice to have a village Facebook page
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
It's the first place everybody goes for information in our village.