Global warming is sadly very real.

Banks, Oregon
I hate to break it to everyone, but global warming is not a scare tactic, it is very real. How do I know this, because over half of the ices thickness, in the coldest places in the world Antarctica, the Arctic, South pole, North pole, Siberia and, Greenland has melted since 1980, this also effects the animals. Polar Bears are dying, because they have little ice to hunt from, it is also causing huge groups of Walruses, to all gather in the same place, which is not normal and, many are crushed to death or killed in disputes. The 500 miles of frozen Ocean that is starting to melt, isn't even the biggest problem. Glaciers that have remained frozen, for thousands of years are melting and, collapsing everyday.
@kevin1877uk (36942)
Yeah it is, look at the is winter and the crazy weather we've had.
Up to 60mph winds right now!
Yeah, you can see the signs of it every where.
@infatuatedbby 60 mph winds where you are?
@1hopefulman (25960)
It is real but science and politicians are making as if it is all normal. It was the same in Noah's day. Not to worry, all is normal, not.
No it's not completely natural or normal, humans are needlessly polluting the Earth everyday and, I agree just like in Noah's day.
@amnabas (9966)
• Karachi, Pakistan
That's a really big issue to look through.
Yes, it's a big issue, we need to start working to fix.
@DeborahDiane (19889)
• Laguna Woods, California
I agree. When we took a cruise to Alaska, our cruise ship stopped in the middle of Glacier Bay. The captain came on the loud speaker and said this is where he had stopped the ship ten years before to see glaciers; at the time, there was not a glacier in sight. He then moved the ship forward for another 1/2 hour before we could see glaciers. That was 10 years ago. I'm sure many more have melted since then.
Yeah, it's sad. I heard another story about a community. I think in Alaska, they used to have giant glaciers, that acted as a burrier keeping the sea from their island, but now they are gone and, the people have to use cement blocks.
@whiteream (3539)
Yes, I know, there are many people trying to help as much as possible hoping that it isn't too late.
I hope not too and, I don't think it is.
@whiteream (3539)
@TRBRocks420 I don't think so either my son belongs to an environmental group so he does a lot of stuff around here
@whiteream Like Captain Planet always said, when our powers combine lol.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
That all sucks
Yeah, it does suck for sure. I hope we can slow it way down.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
@TRBRocks420 Hopefully
@OneOfMany (12406)
I'm working on a book addressing how to defeat climate change, and I talk about how to stop the oceans from rising. Unfortunately it takes global participation, so I don't think it would be resisted very quickly. But if everyone works together it can be overcome.
I agree if we all work together, we can at least slow it down some. I can't believe half has melted, since just 1980.
@OneOfMany (12406)
@TRBRocks420 We need to store the water in our aquifers and arid lands and change how we approach flood control and drought management. It's not too difficult (just time consuming) and once done it would be good for generations, as well as being very economical.
@nanette64 (17098)
• Fairfield, Texas
I agree TRBRrocks 420 . One thing we have to consider is that the planet goes through cyclical changes over thousands of years. Even though factories and cars have only been around for about 100 years, it is possible that the earth is just going through another heating cycle. That doesn't change the fact though that the animals and humans are in danger.
I don't believe so my friend. I believe it is caused by humans for the most part, but you could be right.
@TRBRocks420 Also records might not have been kept, but scientists can find out a lot about the weather by digging down.
@nanette64 (17098)
• Fairfield, Texas
@TRBRocks420 I have 2 major gripes. #1 The worlds oceans are garbage dumps. There is one in the Atlantic ocean that is the size of Texas. Barges carry the cities garbage out there and dump it. #2 The nuclear waste that is kept below ground in caves. In 2007 the DOE mandated that 75% of all nuclear waste to go underground in the Yucca Mountains in Nevada. This waste is transported by trains to that location. 77,000 tons of radioactive nuclear waste is transported twice per week. 1 train passes parallel to the highway within 1,000 yards from all hotels on the Vegas strip.
@DWDavis (10775)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Global warming is real, is a problem, but is a natural part of the Earth's cycle. The problem is we are hurrying it along. We cannot stop it. We should do everything we can to reduce the effect we are having on making it faster.
Yes, I agree we should do everything we can, to slow the process down.
• Kolkata, India
@TRBRocks420 Global warming is much discussed topic which TRB has put the onus to individual to do something to slow down the process down. It is agreed that the individuals have roles to play in this regard but all the countries of this world have far greater responsibilities and the World Body UNO sit from time to time what to do and what not to do. Please see the recommendations of the last conference held in Paris last year.This a very very grave and serious matter and to speak candidly I am constrained to say that the whole world is at the mercy of this menace. The space is too limited to discuss individual's responsibility and I ask everybody to see reports in newspaper, radio , television etc.
@ganesh24 I know but we can not control what anyone else does, but ourselves, all we can do is get the word out there and, hope these huge companies and, the government stop the pollution and, pray of course.
@fishtiger58 (30380)
• Momence, Illinois
The ice caps melting is a real problem. Back in 1974 I was in Alaska and went to see the Portage Glaciers I think it was called. It was huge, now it's melted a lot and is very small.
Yeah, it's crazy. I hope we can stop our pollution and, save the planet, while we still have time.
@fishtiger58 (30380)
• Momence, Illinois
@TRBRocks420 I do too
@shshiju (10277)
• Cochin, India
That sad and reality. One side man take development and industrialization Other side he destroys the whole world's future.
Yes, and the Earth, Ocean, plus Animals should be more important, then their stupid money.
@shshiju (10277)
• Cochin, India
@TRBRocks420 Dying of animal due to climate change definitely indicates to humans future.
@VivaLaDani13 (17736)
• Perth, Australia
You know what scares me more than the actual issue? People saying that Global Warming isn't happening.
Yeah, it's like how can they say that when there is proof lol.
@Angel_15 (678)
• Manila, Philippines
It is indeed real. The storms are getting worse, and we can definitely feel it.
I can tell as we speak, because it's the middle of winter and, I have already seen a few Ants and, Flies, that's not normal at all.
@charli205 (110)
• Birmingham, Alabama
its 75 degrees Fahrenheit here in Alabama and last year on this day It was 15 degrees. People think oh its still cold where I live but don't realize that there may be less snow, maybe not as cold as it was before and that there are other places outside of their small space of a town. THERES A VAST WORLD OUT THERE FOLKS AND THINGS ARE CHANGING IN IT. Some people should understand that we have done lots of things to hurt this planet and that it will eventually clean house one way or another and MOTHER NATURE ALWAYS WINS.
I agree with you our needless pollution must stop.
@JESSY3236 (6038)
I think it's real. Maybe people did falsify data, but everyone can tell that the weather is not normal now.
I think it's real to my friend, the ones who say it's natural just want money and, don't care about the planet.
@bookbar (1616)
• Sudbury, England
It is certainly a reality, but with so many different views on the 'hows and why's', and governments foot shuffling on necessary actions...mainly financial of course. Someone asked the question the other day, .....if records of weather and the like, don't go back very far (which they don't)...how do we know that similar events haven't happened before? Valid, inasmuch, as the answer is WE DON'T!
I personally believe a lot of it is caused by humans, they pollute the Earth and, it's oceans, like they are sewer dumps. Scientists are studying and, trying to find out more as we speak, the reason a lot of people say it's natural is the activity's that are polluting the Earth make them money, but yes you're right, we don't know for sure.
I don't mind if the world would end for us, that could give another chance for plants and animals to live again. unless, it's nuke end that is, we are killing the planet and if the plants and animals die, then we will die.
I mind if it does lol, but the thing about this is it's not completely natural, humans hurry this process along, with their pollution, we can still slow the process and, maybe even heal it to an extant.
I agree, it is happening.
I hope there is some way we can help turn around the effects.
Yes it certainly is real. And they have proof about the ice melting. We need to take care of the earth a lot better than we do now.
Yeah, I hope there is a way we can turn around the effects, there has to be.
@Bluedoll (17078)
Shouldn't we call it global change because as well heating and melting there is a whole lot of other things going on. I'm wonder with a rise in surface and ocean temperature if the core pressure might be affected as well eventually which would cause earth quakes and volcano activity. Too bad the dinosaurs didn't keep records. A really bad volcano eruption could drive the cycle ahead quickly as well.
Yes, it can cause all kinds of things and, volcano's are also a big part of what causes global warming. The Dinosaurs were killed by a giant asteroid though.
@Bluedoll (17078)
@TRBRocks420 I guess the planet was on the other side of the cycle going into ice age? Also the continents shift. I sometimes look at things that cause big changes like asteroids and think of mankind as just another part of the process. Wave goodbye.
@Bluedoll The ice age was caused by a super volcano and, the ash blocked out the sun. Yes, but we have ways now to track asteroids and, it's believed we could nudge one out of the way