First Payout

Well, its the end of the month and I am anxiously awaiting my first payout with MyLot. I'm especially concerned about whether I have everything set up the way it's supposed to be. Once I get past that, I will feel more comfortable about this site. I actually just reached 350 discussions on MyLot. That's a lot of writing for getting to my first payout, but I'm not here for the small amount of money. I'm here to meet new people, to learn from others, to practice my writing skills and to enjoy myself. So far, so good. I LOVE to write and I would really like to try a couple other sites, so I wish that someone would recommend one or two that are not complicated. I tried a couple and was not impressed. What other sites do you write for and is there a small monetary reward? I definitely won't do surveys.
Congratulations, but it seems you are equating writing discussions with getting paid, and that isn't quite how it works. You get paid for the interaction you receive from other users...from responses, comments, and likes you get from them...not for what you do yourself.
Oh, I know that, absolutely. That's what I just said to @sishy7, that the interaction on this site is not very active. I try to respond to everyone I can and read and comment on what others write, but very few people on here do that. What I write on here, I document for another purpose entirely. I am making a journal for my great grandchildren to read when I'm gone. So, I write a lot more than most people on here. I've never been here for the pennies.
@IreneVincent I guess some people are(here for the pennies), but I know I spend way more for time and wear and tear on the computer and electricity than I would ever make to make it a worthwhile money thing. I'm just in it to hang out with people I've known and meet.
@JolietJake I agree. I just enjoy writing and documenting what I write with another purpose in mind. I have always thought about writing my "memoirs" so this is a good way to get it done. I won't use every article for that purpose, but once I save them in my documents, they are there to edit and delete. Then, I can print out the ones I want to save and make a journal for my grandchildren to read.
Congrats to you! I'm trying to be a little more active on here so that I can cash out in a couple of months if I am lucky.
I write down all the names of those who respond to any of my discussions and then make an effort to go their discussions and read and comment. I don't always get to everyone but I do try.
@IreneVincent Hey at least you put in that effort
@sishy7 (27594)
Well done! I only have 192 discussions - and only 90 of them I wrote since I came back on here 6 months ago...
I didn't think I would write that many articles to reach my first payout. The interaction on this site isn't as active as it was on the B site. I always try to respond to everyone that comments on what I write and I try to always go to their site and read what they write and comment but not everyone does that. I wonder how many people are on MyLot? I guess there is no way to find that out?
@sishy7 (27594)
@IreneVincent JJ had a discussion about a week ago where he said an average of about 350 discussions were posted daily. And that gave us a rough idea of how many active members are around. He mentioned a number, more or less 500 people, and I tend to agree with him.
@carlaabt (3505)
It's great that you made payout. I don't anticipate hitting payout on here for several more months, but I guess you never know. I might become super active and hit it much faster than I expect!
Now I'm just waiting to see if I have the PayPal connection set up correctly. It's been so long since I set it up, I can't remember. I'll just have to wait and see.
@dodo19 (33981)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That's pretty cool. Congrats! Enjoy your first payout, and enjoy your writing.