How many times have I said number one diet day!

Chile
Today is one of my many first days of dieting. It was not so hard even if Leticia came with a paper with portions that her nutricionist gave her. We had salmon with two salads. One was kale and the other a mixture of lettuce, sweet peas and avocado. A nectarine for dessert and water to drink. I often say to myself that if I could quit smoking after many attemts along several years, I can also do this and reverse the process of my resistance to insulin. I did quit smoking and now even having a used ashtray nearby means that I check for a very foul small. Have you had to quit smoking, eating too much or indulging in any not so good habit? How did you do it?
@Morleyhunt (19318)
I quit smoking, cold turkey 38 years ago. Now if I could keep my weight under control.
I went up around 20 pounds the first month I quit smoking. I traded ciggies for hard candy. Those are the pounds that I want to shed and they have been part of me for almost a decade.
• Preston, England
I never smoked fortunately
Good for you! When I was a teen it was cool to smoke, so I did. Bad choice.
@bluesa (15242)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I never smoked, but I have heard it is tough to quit, so congrats on quitting. I am an emotional eater though, and trying to cut out snacking the whole time, I am having trouble with that. All the best with your diet @marguicha .
Any addiction is hard to quit. I tried several times before I could give up smoking. Now I wouldn´t give one puff for fear that I will start again. My goal now is of losing pounds.
I never smoked to begin with because the smell is disgusting.
Good for you! I wish I had never started as quitting was so hard.