Voting fatigue.

@xFiacre (9855)
Ireland
So it looks like I'm going to get the chance to exercise of my democratic rights twice this year. The smart money seems to be on a Referendum in June to decide the UK's future in the EU or lack thereof, and just before that on May 5th (anniversary of Napoleon's death and my mother's birth) we get to choose who will represent us in Stormont. You may be tempted to Google the latter, but it's really not worth it and the information will be unhelpful at best. And if I nip across the border in the Irish Republic and rent a flat I'll be able to vote in the Irish general election which is expected to be called for later this month. After all this voting I don't think I'll have the energy for America's presidential election at the end of the year.
In Switzerland people vote several times a year. I know that there are three referendum in June, but as I only pay taxes and live in Switzerland, but I am Italian, I have no right to vote. Should I cry or laugh?
@xFiacre (9855)
@ladyduck I'd be most annoyed if I lived in a country and paid my tax there but couldn't vote. Still, it saves you the bother of having to think of what to wear for the vote! That's my daughter's biggest problem - what do you wear to vote?
@xFiacre I cannot vote in Switzerland, but every time that they vote in Italy I receive the card to go there and vote, thing that of course I do not do. What would I wear in case I would vote?? Nothing special, black pants with a blouse.
@boiboing (12533)
• Northampton, England
I've been bored of the US elections for 6 months already. I really don't know why our media has to be full of it.
@xFiacre (9855)
@boiboing all that's needed is a brief bulletin in November telling us who has won. It's very lazy of tv programmers to vomit this bilge up to us on a plate. No imagination needed.
@WorDazza (8261)
• Manchester, England
@boiboing Five words. Twenty Four Hour News Channels!
@boiboing (12533)
• Northampton, England
@WorDazza Five more: No Thank You Very Much.
Interesting. I hope it all turns out well.
• Marion, Ohio
I am in the U.S. and tired of the presidential election lol