Start as you mean to go on, even if you start a bit later than you should...

United Kingdom
I've been in my current relationship for six and a half months, and I'm five and a half months pregnant tomorrow I haven't had a job since September (not for want of trying!), and while my boyfriend is working all hours to make sure we can get a house to rent in the next couple of months, he's self-employed and contracted out to unreliable companies who often don't pay on time, and sometimes they simply don't pay at all... I was staying with him at his house until this weekend (it's fine for us there, but absolutely no place to have a baby), but now I've returned home to my parents' house so that we can save money more easily and quickly - I know I should have done this sooner, but I was thinking too much of myself, and of the present, than I was thinking of our baby and his future My family is so helpful it's ridiculous - my parents are keeping me here rent-free so I can save up, if I didn't have them then I'd have no option but to live alone with the baby and get benefits to pay for a house, getting the benefits would mean that my working boyfriend wouldn't be allowed to live with me and his child and we wouldn't all be able to live as a family. I'm very lucky, and so is little Leonard, to have family who both push and help all in one go
Ah, I was wondering about your avatar! Well congratulations! It's wonderful to have that support from your family. I'm sure things will be ready for when the little one arrives - wow, in just a few short months! I hope all will go smoothly - enjoy this exciting time. Get a lot of rest while you can (but I know how that goes! )
Thank you! I know, it's passing quickly and slowly all at the same time... Summer seems so far away until you find out you've got a baby arriving in June
@LilyBeBack I know what you mean by quickly and slowly - that's so true. And it will be a whole 'nother ballgame when June arrives - oh, but it'll be exciting!!!
@much2say I really wish that due dates could be exactly right, then I could rush around doing everything last minute and take my mind off the waiting like I do with everything else
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
I hope things work out for you. Great to have loving parents to watch your back.
When I was younger it all felt like too much pressure, but without them I'd be a terrible mess
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
@LilyBeBack You are still pretty young thought aren't you?
@fishtiger58 I suppose I am I'm 26 - I've crammed so much in to my life so far (mostly negative stuff, I'm not talking achievements here ) that I feel like I've lived longer than I have
@dpk262006 (56531)
Congratulations. We hope that everything will turn out to be good for you and your baby and not to forget your partner. Life will be a bit challenging affair once little one arrives on the scene. All the best.
Thank you! It will definitely be a challenge
@dpk262006 (56531)
@LilyBeBack - You are welcome. We are sure that you will be able to handles the challenges.
@Scindhia (1943)
• Chennai, India
You are blessed to have such loving ones around you. Congrats and may the road ahead be happy and peaceful for you.
I really am Thank you!
I had seen you around and wondered when you would be here. Family needs to be supportive and helpful. I am glad yours is .
I think I might have logged in a few months ago and then didn't have regular internet access again for ages, but I'm back home now for at least 2-3 months and hopefully after that I'll have internet in my new place - not that I'll have any time or energy for it any more by that point
@alchemistrx (2569)
I'm glad you have all the support all the way.
Thank you Me too
@sishy7 (27594)
I had no idea you're pregnant! Congratulations! That's wonderful news and all the best with the rest of your pregnancy!
Thank you! All I want now is to actually look properly pregnant - I'm nearly six months but I still just look like I've got a fat belly hanging down and that's how I looked before anyway
I hope you get to all live together as a family!
Thanks It's looking positive on that front - we've got £300 saved between us so far, and on Tuesday I'll be making that up to £400, then a week on Friday my boyfriend will hopefully be able to add another £100,and I will add another £100 the following week. I think we'll have a deposit together within a month from now
@LilyBeBack It sounds like you have a plan and are sticking to it.
@Mike197602 (13927)
I think it'd be beyond hard to get a new job as a pregnant person. Maybe sign up to one of those employment agencies for temp type work. This is really nasty , and maybe illegal, but as an employer I'd not hire a pregnant person as they'd only be around for a while
I don't look pregnant yet, so I can at least deceive those employers who would break the law by turning me down because I'm pregnant To be honest, in some of the roles I go for, I wouldn't be surprised if I got offered a job just for looking pregnant, because they don't want to be seen to be discriminating