Persona Paper: Jumping ship is not the only solution

@CoralLevang (39852)
I have been encouraged by the comments that I have received most recently on my last several articles I've posted on persona paper. One of the most recent comments has been from the site administrator/manager/owner, Will C. I have always been about problem solving, or better said solution building. As most know about me, I believe in goal setting and figuring out how to make things work, rather than be the naysayer that things cannot work and then jump ship when things don't go my way. Some may think me foolish for being as such, as I have been accused of that and much worse by some who have crossed my path. Thankfully, there are people who are in alignment with my ideas, and if not in complete alignment, at least, supportive of them as ideas and willing to discuss them as possibilities. When I believe in something or somebody I don't give up easily. I am glad that there are some others, who are open and willing to explore. And no matter what the outcome may be, the ones who are open and willing and able to see beyond the challenges people face, are the ones that will make something better, and certainly make life better by their presents. Life is not something that is just for show. It is about doing what you believe in, even when no one is watching. I hope that the connections and relationships that people say are important to them are enough to keep people from walking away too soon. It is easy to throw one's hands up and say "See? I told you so!" Plenty of people have been doing it. But...There might always be another way. That is, for those who believe in people, and not just a few cents here and there.
So the owners of the site may be open to suggestions. Would you and enough others use the site without reward?
@CoralLevang (39852)
I cannot speak for anyone else but you can read the comments for yourselves. The reward for me is the connection with people who are forthright and truly have a heart. & I know that many people who were there certainly had that kind of heart.
@pgiblett (6649)
I have heard that Persona Paper is in danger of closing. It is my view that times are tough in this industry right now with readership and revenue declining across a basket of sites. I am a moderator on Wikinut that has recently gone through a transition to be a non-paying site, and I am still associated with the site. To my mind the best approach is that they seek a purchaser (another site that pays writers) but one that has a larger readership and seek to amalgamate the sites.
@CoralLevang (39852)
there were some of us that were not as tied into the few pennies it threw our way but stayed for the connections in relationships we built. Of course, many people left the site a long time ago with occasional droppin, but they left because it was money driven for them. I understand that for the some people, but it's interesting though when somebody knows the site is going them all of a sudden everybody comes best friends. It amazes me just how many people have decided to come and revisit the site and read and comment there in the last couple of days. There is another suggestion that I made, and there seems to be some suggestions that people would stay for this reason. But that will remain to be seen. I don't think that for most people community matters as much as the few pennies here and there.
@pgiblett (6649)
@CoralLevang It seems to be a similar case to Wikinut, but I believe community is a good reason to stay. Since the site stopped paying my personal readership has remained constant of course other writers have left.
@CoralLevang (39852)
@pgiblett I was not one of the original there, but I signed up back almost 2 years ago. I didn't get busy and take it seriously until last April or May. I've had some great successes there, although I've heard many complain that they didn't get readership. As far as the readership I was consistent and had some of the highest numbers there as a rule. And that was with few people interacting there because they had already gone somewhere else like this site and others. It was all over the little bit of pain so those people did not feel the sense of community like some of us did. I am exploring a site right now that is really about writing and sharing of ideas and there is no monetary value. I'm going to check it out before I start to share where it is. I also want to start writing there and get a good feel for it.
@DWDavis (11147)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I am not sure if I've seen the post on PP you refer to, but I do check in at least once a day to see who's around and what's going on. I'm encouraged by talk of keeping the site open as a non-paying discussion and writing site, but I've not seen anything from Will as to the probability of that happening.
@CoralLevang (39852)
He said he was going to keep his eye on the comments on one of my postings. In order to see what others felt. But people had pretty much stopped visiting at that time. Fickle lot most are.
@DWDavis (11147)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@CoralLevang It looks like there are about 10 to 12 of us who still visit at least daily. Anthony is still posting quite a lot and Vince is remaining active. There is yet hope.
@valmnz (12600)
• New Zealand
In the last couple of years my online involvement has been about peopl & available time, not money - which is probably just as well
@CoralLevang (39852)
And this is just one of the reasons that I like you.:-) How is the book coming? I've been out of the loop for a while.
@valmnz (12600)
• New Zealand
@CoralLevang hi Coral, i'm in and out of the loop too. The summer has been so hot I haven't done as much work as I should have. If I had any sense I'd be working on it right now!
@Shiva49 (9214)
I hope the site owners fight on to keep the site going unless there is no light at the end of the tunnel - siva
@CoralLevang (39852)
Sometimes, the light at the end of the Tunnel is a train coming at you. Sometimes that this negativity and mean spiritedness of some people. After a while, even I would leave that tunnel. But it had nothing to do with the people that own the site.
@LeaPea2417 (14684)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I really hope PP just stays and doesn't go completely away.
@CoralLevang (39852)
It requires people to be active. When fighting those who talk about how better it is elsewhere, it makes it difficult, especially when people stop interacting. I agree with you, that I hope they stick around. Will was somebody who said that he will continue to watch the comments on my threads. I just hope it does some good
• Marion, Ohio
I need to go read the new comments on that post. Glad he responded to you
@CoralLevang (39852)
I have never had an issue with him responding. Or not responding as the case may be. I kept an open line of communication with him, always respectfully, through email. It broke my heart when certain people would just rag on them on the Site. I still maintain that a lot of the undercurrent did much to destroy some of what others were trying to do. But, cannot change what others do. However, I will certainly call people on it. But of course we all know that one. Wink
@MandaLee (3699)
Hello Coral, I could not agree more. I enjoyed the friendships and sharing of common interests over there. I hope that continues here.
• Denmark
I don't know this site. Is in danger of closing?
@CoralLevang My computer absolutely won't work on that site.
@CoralLevang (39852)
@paigea I know that when I was using certain browsers over others I would get different responses. I'm sorry you had issues on the site.