UNBELIEVABLE! What Happens When Someone Apologizes For Unethical Practices?

Last night I watched as Caucus results came in in Iowa and could not believe the crash that Carson's numbers took shortly after it started. Later Dr. Carson voiced disappointment in the actions of other campaigns (specifically the Cruz people). They had spread the word that Carson was dropping out. Today Ted Cruz who uses the slogan: trusTed apologised for having done this? Really Mr. Cruz? Other campaigns followed that lead and Dr. Carson fell quickly from in the hunt to a distant 4th. Then there is the news that some precincts on the Democratic side were decided by a coin flip. Again really? I thought it was the people who were supposed to make the decisions?
Republican Ben Carson Tuesday called for the firing of a Ted Cruz campaign staffer who said the retired neurosurgeon was planning to drop out.
• Marion, Kansas
I think we have become so numbed to political dishonesty that we all just take it in stride. That is awful.
@GardenGerty What bothers me most is that there is a CLEAR chain of custody on the actions of the Cruz campaign which triggered others to follow their lead. It is sickening that Cruz and company denied it until they couldn't do it anymore then apologized saying it was not intentional. What business does any other campaign have of commenting on their opponent in this way?
• Riga, Latvia
@Berniezeitler for all kinds of reasons when I lived in NYC and it came time for politics I never watched all the debates and such. Just kept track of who was ahead and doing what.
hubby followed that, I think it is dumb there was a coin toss, that's just silly
@Jessicalynnt It is one of the stupidest things. A coin toss, that's all they could come up with? How stupid that is. They should of have a runoff or something.
@Susan2015 or just call it was it was, a tie.
@Jessicalynnt Yes they should have at least done that.
@alberello75 (16619)
• Genova, Italy
You see, I'm not interested in politics even in Italy. I do not care people earning € 20,000 per month just to occupy a chair as Prime Minister! I do not know instead your idea of politics.
@Marcyaz (35740)
This is exactly why in all my years of voting I will no longer vote as it is just a farce anyway.