Any Shadows seen in your area?

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Here it is again, time to drag up the groundhog. They opened the little door, and the groundhog looked out and said, "You talkin to me,.... you talkin to ME?" I guess he attempted to close his eyes and go back into the zzzz zone, but of course those dummies in top hats had to grab him by a long toenail (no pedicures available in winter) and haul his sleepy butt out. I don't know who is dumber, the guys in top hats, or the crazies who get up at dawn to stand in their groundhog hats waving flags in 22 degree Pennsylvania weather, with snow everywhere.. Phil blinked, sleepy-eyed as ever, after all, this is his 130th year of this nonsense, and like most of our highly paid weather forecasters, he is right only half the time. My grandmother was a brilliant weather forecaster. Her arthritic hands would act up and she'd say, "ohhh, it's gonna be a bad one today". She was always spot on. Well, Phill snorted, looked out to the crowd, and tried to figure out what the heck was going on. His shadow was nowhere to be found. (His 22 lb butt is so big, who could see anything underneath it?) The head Knobber of Gobbler proclaimed : "There is no shadow to be cast, an early spring is my forecast." With that, I put on my coat and boots and am preparing for the next snowstorm. Hope your Ground Hog day was a good one yesterday.
@LoriAMoore (4673)
I hope it's true that we'll have an early Spring, but I'll be out of town the rest of Winter anyway, so i'm okay either way.
• Chattanooga, Tennessee
Lori, you all have about the same kind of weather we do, and don't know if you were hit by those horrible tornadoes and high winds, rain and flooding last night like we were. Sounds like a good idea to get gone the rest of the winter.. but all these storms are because it has been so warm. That is the way it goes in the spring, and so I would just assume we bypass spring. You have a good visit out of town. Love to you, and so great to see you.
@ison_1 (1252)
Hi Tutti I'm hoping for an early spring. The evenings are getting lighter which is always nice
• Chattanooga, Tennessee
Yes,I like the more daylight hours... and I would just assume skip spring and go right into summer, since spring brings on these terrible storms and tornadoes and high winds. We were hit last night with high winds. tornadoes all around us, and flooding tis morning in our valley, It is all okay now. but it was really bad last night. Love to you John, have a great day. Thanks.
@mom210 (6779)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We have General Lee here in GA but he agreed with Phil this year. Looks like an early spring