A Shocking Revelation for My Children

@irishidid (8521)
It's time for my grown children to face a reality. I know it will be hard for them but they are old enough to know the truth. Mom has been feigning interest in a lot of things you like. Why? Because that's what us moms do. Just because you like superheroes doesn't mean mom wants to go to Planet Comi-con to see Stan Lee or some dweeb in a Deadpool costume. Yes, I did enjoy X-Men Days of Future Past but I like Evan Peters and loved the scene with him in it. It's the only part of the movie I remember. Hey, if Evan Peters is there I'll definitely go. I patiently watch while my son shows me the latest first shooter game that's "different from the last one" (it never is) and plan my escape. I've watched shows that have bored me to tears. The Bourne movies make me want to run into traffic. I hate Matt Damon but for my child I watch it. Then there's the one who I totally relate to and we can watch scary movies all day long and be totally content.
I am not a mom. I can understand though, feigning interest in things so as not to upset the ones we love. As they get older their interest always change and become more like our own. My nephew and I can get along quite well telling stories or playing games as he is getting older and starting to enjoy more "grown up" activities.
@irishidid (8521)
My kids are grown but they still think I should like what they like. At least the oldest and the youngest ones. LOl
@irishidid I just realized I completely missed the word "Grown" when I was reading the post the first time. Whoops. Sorry.
@irishidid (8521)
@ScribbledAdNauseum LOL Not a problem.
@fishtiger58 (30375)
• Momence, Illinois
Yea and I really love your new 600 dollar phone that's the size of a paperback book. NOT lol omg what a great post I loved it made me laugh. Why? Because that's what moms do. Isn't that the truth.
@irishidid (8521)
It sure is! LOL
Sometimes you have to do things that you do not like when it comes to your kids. But they will love you for it.
@irishidid (8521)
I do those things because I love them but they are old enough to accept I don't like everything they do.