I actually now have boots!

@1creekgirl (10343)
Have you ever wanted something that over the years seemed like an impossible dream? I have really weird feet and have shopped for boots for centuries. Of course nothing ever fit and I refused to buy boots that weren't comfortable. So from city to city, mall to mall, state to state I tried on boots. Nothing fit that didn't hobble me. My husband and I went to Raleigh shopping for the previously mentioned non-existent boots. I tried on boot after boot. Finally I tried on one that actually almost fit and was relatively comfortable. Yes! I asked the sales person for the left matching boot and after he was gone for a good while, he brought out two boxes of boots. Do you know they only contained right boots? I was sitting there with three right boots! But it turned out well that I didn't want two right boots, because on my way out I spied a boot in another, more expensive department. The lady brought out the very last pair she had, they were my size, they were exactly the classic style I wanted in black leather, and they were on sale! They still cost more than I wanted, but like they say, you generally get what you pay for. So, I am thrilled to own a pair of boots that I can walk in and that look nice. We're supposed to get a few snow flurries this weekend so maybe I'll get to wear my new boots.
That's great that you have your boots at last. It seems you've waited a long time for them so enjoy!
@1creekgirl (10343)
Finding the perfect boots was like getting the perfect hair cut. I'm still searching for the hair cut!
@1creekgirl I could do with any haircut at the moment. I'm not sure there is such a thing as a perfect one.
@1creekgirl (10343)
@JudyEv I have a feeling it's my hair rather than the hair stylist!
Nice! They look very chic! But moreso they are comfortable on you and that's super important for your feeties. I have small feet, so I have problems finding the "perfect" shoes for me . . . ladies shoe size is generally too big for me, and kids shoes may fit but they are not as fashionable nor sturdy. Enjoy your dream come true boots!
@1creekgirl (10343)
I would think having small feet could make it hard to find the right shoes. I envy people who can actually order shoes on line! I have to try on at least 50 pairs before I find what I can wear.
@1creekgirl I have looked at shoes online - and as cute as some of them are, I'm just afraid to buy them online. You know different styles can fit you differently - even if the size numbers are the same. I'd rather try them on before purchasing!
@1creekgirl (10343)
@much2say Twice I have bought 2 identical pairs of shoes and both times one was very comfortable and the other pair I had to give away! You just never know!
I also like leather boots, those ones are beautiful, I am glad you had them on sale.
@1creekgirl (10343)
Thanks , I was so pleased to finally find them and thrilled they were on sale . We usually have rather mild winters here in NC so maybe I'll get to wear them a few times.
@1creekgirl We usually have cold winters here in Switzerland, but not this year, we did not even got snow.
@1creekgirl (10343)
@LadyDuck Isn't that really unusual not to have snow there? I'm glad we don't usually have very much.
I am so so glad you found the right size and boots for you.
@1creekgirl (10343)
We seldom have weather that I need them for, but I'm glad to have them.
@1creekgirl Vicki, you never know when you will need them and instead of going to find some you have them.
@cahaya1983 (10053)
Glad it's worth all that time you spent searching! I'm super choosy when it comes to footwear, and I wouldn't mind hunting from store to store until I find something that's perfect for me.
@1creekgirl (10343)
I'm so hard to fit and find shoes that are comfortable. It took me years to find boots!
@UncleJoe (9947)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That means we can finally meet. So many of my friends say all the time that everybody needs to wear boots around Uncle Joe. I don't know why they say that though.
@1creekgirl (10343)
I guess it might get a little "deep", so maybe I'll wear some old hip boots of my husband's instead of my nice, new ones.
@JESSY3236 (6505)
I am having that situation too. Only my feet are small and I want another pair of clogs and I can't find any anywhere. But I found some other shoes that might work, but I can't buy them yet.
@1creekgirl (10343)
I guess I should be glad I wear a popular size shoe, but I just have weird feet. Although, I hate to complain because they take me where I need to go.
@boiboing (12518)
• Northampton, England
If those are leather don't walk through snow in them or you'll really risk ruining them.
@1creekgirl (10343)
Thanks for the advice . I wondered about that.
@slund2041 (3378)
I am happy you were able to find the boots you wanted. I have hard to fit feet as well. I understand exactly how hard it is to get shoes/boots to fit sometimes.
@1creekgirl (10343)
And have you found that sometimes, the very same shoe in the same style, size and everything still fits differently from the previous pair?
That's great that you have eventually got some boots that are comfortable.
@1creekgirl (10343)
Thanks, I know it seems silly to people with normal feet, but I refuse to wear something that hurts.
I have a hard time finding boots especially like the ones you bought! Many are too tight for me because of my wide feet.
@1creekgirl (10343)
I'm sure you've found that no matter how cute the shoes are, if they're too narrow and hurt your feet, they're just not worth it.
It is important to have a good fit in shoes or in boots. I am glad you found some. Where on earth do you suppose three left boots went?
@1creekgirl (10343)
The sales man said someone must have bought two different sizes (on purpose or not?). But wasn't that strange?
@louievill (18662)
Those are wonderful pair leather boots maam, must be real expensive. I love to see women in high boots, they look so classy but the weather here makes it so very impractical because of the heat. I'm a boot fan too and i own several but mostly half boots, tactical combat for working and suede dark tan or brown for informal wear to pair with my favorite denims, yes we get what we pay for and those boots were made to last unlike crappy cheap foot wear that's all over.
@1creekgirl (10343)
I had always tried on less expensive boots and they just aren't as comfortable because the leather isn't as soft. So I'm looking forward to enjoying these!