IRS systems are down

By
Some of the IRS systems are down. I just saw a local news report stating that some of the IRS systems involved in electronically filing are down. The "where's my refund?" portion of the site is also experiencing technical difficulties. According to the news anchor, it should not have any effect on receiving the money for those who have already filed. It should still come within the 21 days. For those who have not yet filed, they are still encouraging to do so. They did not say anything about the electronic pin porton of the IRS site being down, so I suppose it is still up and available for those who are filing electronically and thus needing the pin. I filed mine and hope to be getting it back soon but it hasn't updated on the "Where's my refund?" so I suppose it will just be a surprise
I didn't get my tax forms yet to file.
I file mine online every year. I've only ever had it done by paper maybe three times. You can go to a local library to get the forms for the most part.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Oh I never knew that! I am going to wait a little. I don't file until later like next month or so.
@infatuatedbby The library is where my family has been getting their forms for years. Of course it's just as easy to request them via mail.
This has been happening about every year. Too many transactions trying to be processed at the same time.
I think they could probably do with updating their servers as well.
@ScribbledAdNauseum ....Probably. The news said they said it was 'a problem with their computer'. Duh!
@akalinus (22837)
I have not filed yet, but my son just did a few days ago. We don't know how that will affect his refund. I am wondering why the government has so much trouble with websites.
IT shouldn't have any affect on it or so they said on the news last night. The government could really do with updating the servers that process all the refunds. Either that or come up with a system where only a certain percentage of the population can send one in per day.
• Lenox, Georgia
My husband and I filed on Jan. 21st and it feels like we have been waiting forever already! I hope we get some good news soon so we can get a minivan.
I filed early in the week last week,. Generally speaking, I get mine back within 15 days for the most part. You should still get yours on time, but I know it feels like it's taking forever because you need the money for a new van. I hope it gets back soon.