More mystery shopping

@BellaDoc (715)
San Diego, California
I seem to be very busy doing almost nothing these days, so I was pleased to be able to fit two mystery shops in this week - both of which required two visits to the store. I took the barnacle with me on one of the days and on the other he attended his home daycare. He screams blue murder when I leave him, but soon calms down and has fun with the other little boy there. Or at least that's what I am told. It's Friday today and he will be back at daycare. Which will enable me to power through my to-do list. When I get off here of course. Happy Friday!
I would love to do mystery shopping, but there is nothing available in my area.
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
I am fortunate to live in an area where there ar many opportunities to shop. The first time, I was VERY nervous. Crazy really.
@Angel_15 (683)
• Manila, Philippines
I have the same problem. I've seen some mystery shopping jobs here but reviews say that they are scams.
@Angel_15 There are many scams so you are wise to be cautious. I am in Canada so do not know about your area. I make sure I register with companies listed at the Mystery Shoppers Providers Association (MSPA) They have an international branch. Check out One company I have worked for that has shops all over the world is www.albatrossonline.com
@Platespinner (16766)
One of my boys would pull in his landing gear when he knew I was about to abandon him. It made him really really tricky to put down. Of course this was also the child who managed to go completely limp when he didn't want to be picked up...the little stinker!
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
The barnacle does this when I suggest we "walk" when we are outside. He isn't yet walking independently, although I think he could as he can walk from one end of the house to the other when he holds my index fingers very lightly. I love the term "landing gear" lol.
@BellaDoc Isn't it funny how they can manipulate us just by how they hold their wee bodies! He'll be walking on his own in no time, and be getting into everything. They're so much fun (and SO much work) at that age!
@boiboing (12533)
• Northampton, England
It's amazing how you can fill a day.
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
Right. And did I get done what I wanted to? Not a chance :( Tomorrow is another day.
I remember the days when I had to bring my littles to daycare. They would have a fit when I left, but did settle down and have a good time playing with the other children.
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
I am lucky that our daycare lady sends me photos of barnacle having a good time :)
@BellaDoc the day care that my niece and nephew took they littles too often snapped photos for them to see how they were enjoying the day.
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
@ElusiveButterfly It's reassuring :)
I'm about to pick it up again, which I mentioned on another post. My favorite are restaurant shops. I've never had to take a small child with me but sometimes my grown children went and they always give me a hard time..like teasing me by saying I'm an obvious shopper. But they appreciate the free meal!
Extra people on a mystery shop can be a nuisance I think.
• Portland, Connecticut
Happy Friday to you too and good to see you.
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
Thanks! Happy weekend to you :)
• Denmark
barnacle -- new word for me. Quite useful! :-)
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
I'm pleased to be able to help you discover a new word @MALUSE
@masud79 (63)
good to here it i was complete my shopping yesterday.enjoy your shopping
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
Thanks. I am not actually a fan of shopping, but I like the kind of store that I assessed this week
@sishy7 (24828)
I've heard how others enjoy doing mystery shopping. Sounds interesting but I'm not sure it's for me...
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
I used to feel the same way. Now, I dont mind it and the little extra cash is useful.
I've heard a lot about mystery shopping, and i should imagine it's an interesting thing to do.
@BellaDoc (715)
• San Diego, California
Once I got over my initial nervousness, I discovered that I like it :)
@garymarsh6 (11903)
I hope that it pays you well and your son enjoys his day care.
And I am sure your Barnacle truly does settle down and enjoy himself.
I hope you got off here and got to that To Do list. I am giving myself half an hour here and I need to start To Do ing. You beat me on mystery shops this week. I only did one and it only required making a phone call.
@valmnz (12595)
• New Zealand
hey love making a noise to make Mum feel about leaving them, don't they!
@DeborahDiane (14240)
• Laguna Woods, California
It sounds like you are looking forward to getting your to-do list finished.
Mystery shopping sounds cool.