My Paint the Sky Challenge Submission

When I saw this challenge, JudyE was mentioned as the person who started it. She often gives us beautiful things to enjoy. I saw the photo submitted by JamesH, who lives in Oregon. It reminded me of a couple of photos I have taken. Here’s one: P.S. Just read that RaeLove started the challenge. I stand corrected.
I was going to say that RaeLove started the challenge, I see you have mentioned her. Beautiful photo, I have some, I would like to take more.
I thought ours in SoCal were so pretty because the ocean is nearby. But if you have great photos too, then my theory is wrong.
@ElizabethWallace The view on the mountains is not too bad, the air is usually clean and clear, I see many beautiful sunsets.
@LadyDuck I bet you do, especially when there are a few clouds to bounce the colors around.
Another lovely photo. How can the sky ever look anything less than magnificent?
I'm a sky person too. When looking for houses, I used to tell the realtor that I didn't need a view of the hills or the sea, but I did need the sky. Luckily, this time, I got all three.
@ElizabethWallace I did want a view of the water in Florida, or we wouldn't have bought. At home, I have have all three, but one is a pond. I live in the hills and forest. The sky is a given.
@DianneN I don't understand how people can live in big cities where there are tall buildings everywhere and only tiny slivers of sky. It would make me crazy.
@DeborahDiane (21570)
• Laguna Woods, California
I love these photos! I need to post a picture of some flowers and one of a sunset this weekend!
I think it is wonderful that no matter where we all live, we love photos of sunrises and sunsets.
• Laguna Woods, California
@ElizabethWallace - Isn't that true? I think it has an uplifting effect on all of us!
@DeborahDiane I wonder why this is true. Maybe it has its roots in something primal.
@LoriAMoore (4765)
That's a very nice photo.
Thanks, Lori. Have not see you lately. Think I'll go visit your discussions.
There have been some great photos put up for this challenge and this is another one.
Thanks. It looked like someone painted the sky.
@aju007 (1471)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Thats a great one.
Thanks. I saw the sky outside and could not resist taking a few photos. It's great that we no longer need film. It was so annoying to have to wait while they were developed in the past.
@aju007 (1471)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
@ElizabethWallace Yeah the advancement in technology has made it simple and economic even for the normal people
@aju007 I remember when I used to take kids to Europe, I took with me 40 rolls of 36 exposure film on each trip. Now, when I travel, it's just my iPhone, and the photos are ready instantly.
I wish I had my dad's collection of sunsets and surrises. I would share them with you.
Is he still living? If so, maybe he would send you one. If not, what happened to them?
@ElizabethWallace ...No. His family has them. They weren't too happy with me. Long story.
@celticeagle Sorry. Maybe one of them will soften in time.
@Lucky15 (33386)
thanks to the one who really started the challenge, i am loving every photo of the sky :) love those clouds that has some orange-pink color :)
Isn't it interesting that they look like they were painted on the sky? It must have been windy up high, but it wasn't down where I stood.
Beautiful!
Thanks. Have you posted one yet?
@garymarsh6 (14069)
A lovely photo Elizabeth.
Thank you, Gary. The sky did the work. All I did was point and shoot with my phone.
@garymarsh6 (14069)
@ElizabethWallace I have just been knocked sideways with Deborah-Diane's sunrise photo it is superb. It looks like the sky is on fire!
@garymarsh6 Ah, but when the heat is up, the sky doesn't look this gorgeous. We need clouds for the lovely display. This is why the day after a storm is our favorite time.
Beautiful picture, great color. It looks like it belongs in the southwest!!
Yes, and it is. I'm on the coast of south Orange County, CA.
Yes I know but the colors are so New Mexico to me!! @ElizabethWallace
@BelleStarr I try not to think of the desert when I see this color in the sky. I don't care for the desert ambiance, but do enjoy this sky.
@BellaDoc (767)
• San Diego, California
Lovely photo. I love our SoCal sunsets. And sunrises too.
Don't tell the people who live in Hawaii, but ours are nicer than theirs. It has to do with what is in our air. Their humidity does not create such beauty. Don't get me wrong, I find theirs pretty nice, but not stunning, like ours.
sky
That is a nice picture that you took. here is an angry sky.
Did it give you any rain? If so, send it over here.
@whiteream (3521)
I love the photo. I like this challenge very uplifting seeing these beautiful pictures.
Beautiful view of the sky
A beautiful sky photo.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
What a lovely picture! What a great challenge.