What is Your Favorite Sitcom?

@zebra2222 (5171)
Do you like to laugh? Sitcoms can make us laugh. A good sitcom can exist without the canned laughter. A good sitcom has excellent writing, a fine cast, and is memorable. I enjoyed sitcoms like Mash, I Love Lucy, Cheers, Seinfeld, and Taxi. What is your favorite sitcom?
@FourWalls (14659)
I loved The Mary Tyler Moore Show...in fact, that entire Saturday night line-up on CBS (save for All in the Family, I never was a fan of that show). The last sitcom I watched on TV was Night Court, and that remains one of my favorites. Last night I watched a DVD of The Addams Family, and I'd completely forgotten how incredibly funny that show was.
The Addams Family was unique. Zany and beautifully played off the weirdness the family thought was normal. Doesn't every household have a helpful Thing and piranha in the fish tank?
@FourWalls (14659)
@JohnRoberts -- The audio commentary on the premiere episode said The Addams Family was the first time there was onscreen "passion" shown between the spouses (primarily Gomez's reaction to Tish speaking French....which is still funny!). BTW, I'm allergic to flowers, so I see nothing wrong with the way Mortica cut the flowers!
I guess my favourite sitcoms have been English. I think their humour is more aligned to ours. And we get more English shows on our TV than American.
My favorite British sitcom is Are You Being Served? which was hilarious.
@JohnRoberts That was so clever. So was Dad's Army, and One Foot in the Grave.
@JudyEv I would add the Benny Hill Show but that was variety not sitcom.
The greatest sitcom of all time is without question I Love Lucy. It may be in black and white and very 1950s but you can watch over and over. I also like Marriage With Children.
• Pensacola, Florida
However I do agree that I love Lucy is the best
@lexiconlover Now matter how many time you watch a rerun one never tires of Lucy's antics.
• Pensacola, Florida
@JohnRoberts when I was younger, I was obsessed with the show. I had the vitameatavegamin collectors edition doll. Do they show re runs still?
I have a new favorite. It is on now. It is called Life in Pieces. It is a collection of four vignettes about family life. They always make me laugh out loud, which is not easy to do.
@LoriAMoore I didn't know Brolin was so funny.
All in the Family was mine
@zebra2222 (5171)
That is an excellent choice. I thought it was a daring sitcom at the time. It's still relevant today.
I love the Big Bang Theory. I do love watching the sitcoms that ran when I was a kid because those bring back a lot of memories. I also am hooked on Newhart. The Vicar of Dibley, Are You Being Served, and Keeping Up Appearances are my favorite shows that come from England.
• Calgary, Alberta
Fresh off the boat, I am a 90's kid so this show gives me a lot of Nostalgia and it is the first Asian American sitcom blessed to have a season 2 and maybe a season 3. It is also the only sitcom I know that is based on a true story,
@LeaPea2417 (21554)
• Toccoa, Georgia
My favorites are "I Love Lucy", "All In The Family", and "Seinfeld".
• Pensacola, Florida
I haven't watched any sitcoms in while. I usually stick to late night tv , movies or Doctor Who
I love three company over all and seinfeld and my all time favorite is king of queens.