How do discussions come to you to write?

@ramapo17 (19445)
Melbourne, Florida
There are some days that I can sit for hours and write one discussion after another and then there are other days that I could sit here all day and nothing comes to mind. I try to carry a small pad with me at all times so I can jot a title or idea down that I can write about later. My problem is I forget to put the pad and pen in my pocket and by the time I find one, I forget what I wanted to write about. What is your system or secret to success here?
They just come to me..I can look out the window and thing of something to write about.
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@AbbyGreenhill you are lucky. On a good day I can be like that too but it seems when thoughts come to me about what to write I don't have a pad or pen and forget what it was I wanted to write. Must be this old age thing. Hahaha.
@ramapo17 I am not a big note taker, if I come up with an idea I can usually keep it in my head for a while!
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@AbbyGreenhill Not me, I have so much going on in my head I can't remember from one minute to the next.
I usually just go with the flow and write about what's happening in my life.
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Marilyn That is usually where my posts come from but sometimes I seem to draw a blank.
@ramapo17 drawing a blank seems to come to most of us...that's when we see lots of posts about weather, coffee, etc
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Marilynda1225 You are funny but so true. We get some generic posts that says I don't know what to say, hahaha
I don't post too often. I want to - but I just can't decide which idea to write about because I have too many swirling in my head - all day - believe me I'm a complex person. And by the time I actually think about "which", I don't have time to write the post . Also I can go on and on sometimes, and I have to think about how I can keep things brief (super long posts don't fly on this site). I don't have any system or secrets here . . . I just try to be courteous to everyone and make friends here.
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@much2say I know what you mean and sometimes I can't cut the post shorter, like the last one I did yesterday about the RV trip to the hospital for my grandson. I had to get all the info in it or it wouldn't have been complete. I have read some very long ones n here and sometimes they hold my attention and others I just move on.
@ramapo17 We are very detail oriented writers .
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@much2say That we are.
I do not have an answer to that.My not successful here.But get along. Try this.Think of a word.then work around it?
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@amadeo that is a very good idea, there are lots of words in my head and I am sure I can find some very interesting ones. Thanks!
@nezavisima (7423)
• Bulgaria
completely understand. May we all so. Sometimes I have so much ideological and sometimes nothing comes to mind. why I write about what I think of you when I can not think of something just answer the others. have a nice day!
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@nezavisima I do that too. When I can't think of something to write I will spend a few hours replying and joining in on other discussions.
I never force myself to try and think of something. I may go days without posting, but it doesn't matter as I can do plenty of responding and commenting. I often delve into the bottomless pit that is my memory
@Auntylou (4407)
• Oxford, England
I generally read about or hear interesting things on the radio that I think others might like. i do now try to keep a pad by my bed. if not I write in the back pages of books!
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Auntylou Just watching the news should give me some good ideas too, especially with all the political debates that are on tv now here in America.
@Auntylou (4407)
• Oxford, England
@ramapo17 I find though that people sometimes switch off, when politics comes on!
@ramapo17 (19445)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Auntylou That use to be the way it was but this year is different than any other year. It is almost like a comedy serial. We never know what is going to happen next or who is going to fight verbally this time. I never watched any political things but this year I am up watching after my husband goes to bed. It is really funny but so very sad as we are looking for a new leader.
@valmnz (13123)
• New Zealand
I used to be better at writing discussion posts when I had time to be more active. Then the ideas simply flowed. I've been on here more the last three days than usual, but I'll be stepping back a little tomorrow. Usually, by reading others posts, I think of something to write about.