Wish He Hadn’t Said That

Daytona Beach, Florida
Who know if it was some kind of fate or something terribly unusual but when the new day rose on February 3, 1959 the world knew that the music had died in one night. Just after taking off from Clear Lake, Iowa a small plane carrying now rock legends J. P. “The Big Bopper” Richardson, Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens crashed into a cornfield. No one survived and Don McLean had a hit single with “American Pie”. This story has been told year in and year out and now most everyone that follows rock and roll knows how it all happened. There was a conversation between Holly and country singer Waylon Jennings before this plane took off. I wonder if somewhere deep down inside Jennings felt that this flight would turn out badly but then again it could have turned out that the bus Jennings was on could have had an accident. Apparently because The Big Bopper was ill he wanted to get to the next destination faster and quicker to a warm bed and some rest. He switched places with Waylon Jennings and Jennings remembered the last words he exchanged with Holly. Both in good humor they parted and Holly told Jennings he hoped his old bus would freeze over and Jennings retaliated with that he hoped Holly’s plane would crash. Just two artists exchanging some good-natured banter but you can imagine how Jennings felt the next day when he heard the news that the plane actually crashed. Do you believe in premonitions? In words that sometimes we exchange that actually come true. I really do because I have had things happen that I never thought they would but sometime before I had discussed a possibility that such and such a thing might or could happen. http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-music-dies-in-an-iowa-cornfield
Skip navigation UploadSign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose Louie's tunebox SubscribeSubscribedUnsubscribe1,7031K Loading... L
Certainly there are some strange things that happen. We visited a lovely house once and I thought how lovely it would be to live there. Many years later, we 'house-sat' that house for some months while our present one was being built.
@JudyEv that is most interesting. Sort of like your wish came true and you got to be in that house for awhile at least.
@RasmaSandra That's right. There were lovely stables for my ponies too so it was a very pleasant few months.
I remember when this happened.