No Discipline

children,
Roseburg, Oregon
The worse time to go shopping is over the weekend. Why you ask. Because that is when the parents with children go shopping. Only one percent of the children stay with their parents and are well behaved. While the rest of the children are running all over the store. Some times older people make the mistake of shopping on the weekend. And they are lucky if they are not hit in the heels with a shopping cart by a young child with no discipline. The mother will say sorry while the child continues to hit the person with the shopping cart. All I can say is parents why do you not discipline your children and why do you not tell them the word NO. No is not a bad word and should be used to teach your children right from wrong.
When I've gone to stores with my kids, I've always made it a point to teach them shopping manners. They can look at stuff, but have to put it back on the shelf where it belongs. They must stay with me. If they run into someone, they must say sorry or excuse me. I hate going in the toy aisle because things are all over the place and sometimes even on the floor. It's unbelievable to me how some of the packaging is messed up - no one will buy it!
a lot of parents even stand there in the toy aisle and watch their children open things and than they will not buy the opened one.
@jstory07 Yah, that irks me so much!!!
@Platespinner (19247)
I avoid shopping on the weekends.
@chuwae (67)
• Tanzania
Hahaha@Joanne
@Marcyaz (35869)
My kids knew better than to act up at the store or they would be in lots of trouble. I hate it when the parents let their children run around the store and push carts into the back of our feet that really hurts. I am one who will say Stop Right Now where is your mother at you little brat.
The parents probably do not care but get bad if you call the child a brat.
@Marcyaz (35869)
@jstory07 There child is a brat and don't you know that they know it.
@rosekiss (30079)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have encountered that before at Walmart where parents didn't pay attention to their kids, and they were running around, taking things off the shelves, and they just didn't pay attention to what their kids were doing. They were so engrossed in their shopping and getting what they needed. than worrying about their two children, who could have been taken or got hurt, and the parents wouldn't have known it. I think that when parents take their kids with them, either put themi in the cart, or hang on to them so noting happens to them/
They would not miss their children if they were taken. which is really sad.
@rosekiss (30079)
• Eugene, Oregon
@jstory07 I agtre with you on that one. It would be their fault that their kids would get hurt or taken as they aren't very observant at all.
They have been brought up this way and this pass on to the children?
Which is really sad.
I have to agree with you. There are some parents that really don't act mature enough to be the parents, so how are their kids supposed to act? I especially hate it when they take their unruly little ones out to eat and they pay no attention to them at all and ruin the meal for many around them. I do wish that there were more adult-only resturants.
The screaming and crying at the grocery store is bad to. Teach your kids the word no.
@louievill (17152)
I have seen a lot of parents here who are like that, worst thing is they act as if nothing happened and don't even say sorry. Another option to no is STOP IT!
@UncleJoe (9237)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That is exactly the reason I avoid weekend shopping. I can't get through the aisles and the check out lines are always so long. Especially when you hear "Price check!" over the intercom.
We avoid weekend shopping to.
I agree you have to say no sometimes, you can't let a kid get away with everything.
@xstitcher (10555)
• Petaluma, California
Working in the childcare field, I have come across far too many children who are obviously never told NO.
I watched some kids in my home where the children told the parents what to do and the parents did what the children said.
@chuwae (67)
• Tanzania
Always children they are grown up after living this stage they won't do again
Most of these kids get in worse trouble when they get older.
You are so right in this. Children need discipline. What sort of adults will they grow into if they think they can do just as they like?
An adult that will always be in trouble with the law.
@DWDavis (10803)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Parents who don't teach their children to behave properly when they are young children are the same parents who don't understand why their teenage son is in jail or their teenage daughter is pregnant or worse.
So very true.
It is a shame that a lot of us, me included, avoid shopping on weekends due to lack of parental control. I also avoid weekends due to the mass of adults block an entire aisle with their cart that they leave smack dab in the middle of the aisle which prevents anyone from getting through.
Really sad that parents do that and do not take care of their children.
@garymarsh6 (12776)
Haha I have used to word no this evening to my grandson and he bawled his eyes out. I don't care he has to learn that sometimes NO means NO and turning on the tears does not change what I mean! What a rotten grandfather I am eh! LOL
You are a good grandfather teaching him right from wrong.
@fishtiger58 (30503)
• Momence, Illinois
I don't have to shop on the weekends so I normally wait until the kids are safely closed in behind school doors lol.
@iwillfly (29)
I agree. Imagine how would their children behave at their home as well, if in public they can be so out of control.
@slund2041 (3386)
I agree with you so much on this. It seems parents are not real parents today. They are afraid to say anything to their children, so they teach them nothing. I hate to shop on weekends, and try hard to do my shopping first thing in the mornings to advoid crowds and children.
@Lucky15 (33617)
That is what i am trying to say to my brother once. He can say no to his daughter...but..sigh
I have more problems with the adults in the line hitting me with the buggy, they are in a hurry to get out of the store. I guess it is all in the way you raise your kids, how much you allow them to do, the job is on the parent to control their kids.