Water Babies

Who doesn't love water? It could be a long, hot shower, a soak in the tub, a gentle rain, or a dip in the ocean, lake, or pool. I love all of the above, but also love traveling on the water, including cruises, riverboats, and steamboat rides. The most exotic and fun have been boat rides in China, Egypt, and in Europe. Who wouldn't enjoy the South Sea, the Nile, the Seine, the Rhine, the fjords of Norway, or even the Mississippi? Our most recent boat ride was on the Bosporus in Istanbul. Seeing the magnificent mansions, architecture, restaurants, and buildings in both Europe and Asia at the same time was most unusual and exciting. Are you a water baby?
@amnabas (10553)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Oh yes I am and my babies as well.
Most babies love the water! That is so cute.
Yes, I am a water baby and I prefer short one day cruise to those long cruises on a big boat.
That is our preference, too, but we may cruise to Alaska with friends this summer.
@DianneN This is something I would like to do, it surely is a different cruise.
@LadyDuck Yes, you must cruise that area. Another option is 4 days in Denali after a train ride.
Yes I guess I am, wee just took that short live cruise at Weeki Wachee and I do love to cruise the ocean and sit in the hot tub!!
We met the star of the show, and his parents, in a hot tub. Friends til this day. He lives in London. Ya never know whom you'll meet in a hot tub! Lol!
@DianneN So true though we like to get up at 6 am and go to the adult only area and have the hot tub to ourselves, lol
@BelleStarr I'm still sleeping then, from partying too late.
Yes, i am and so with my daughter . I also would like to go on cruises , like you and your hubby , someday . I can see the both of you so happy in that picture .
Thank you! I hope you get to go on at least one cruise!
@DianneN I am praying for that time .
@simone10 (21646)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I am a pisces and do love water but can be a little scared at times as I never learned how to swim.
You will be safe with a life vest!
@simone10 (21646)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@DianneN Yes, this is true
@fishtiger58 (30316)
• Momence, Illinois
I love to fish and we have a little fishing boat so we go often. I remember back in 1974 I was 15 my family took a trip to Alaska. We went on a 7 hour cruise. my first and only, to see the Portage Glacier I believe it was called. We had dinner on the boat and had great fun running around the ship.
We are hoping to go to Alaska with friends this summer. That sounds like so much fun. Of course, I know how much of a water baby you are! Lol!
@fishtiger58 (30316)
• Momence, Illinois
@DianneN Alaska is beautiful. I appreciate it now, but back then I just wanted to stay home with my boyfriend lol.
It sounds like you had a very exciting time. I love water as well and would love to go on a cruise.
Cruising can be fun if the entertainment and food are good.
@DianneN My dream is to take an Alaskan cruise.
I think that you look especially happy in this picture, and judging from the scenery you have every right to be, it looks like there was lots to see. I like boating, small pleasure craft and tourist rides, but I doubt that I'd like a long cruise as a vacation in itself, my tummy might not like it for that long of a period of time. And I really dislike taking ferry rides, they cram your cars on there like sardines.
I was happy, but exhausted from this trip. On cruises, I have to wear a prescription patch, since I get seasick. Never had to bring our car on a ferry, but can imagine they could get damaged if packed too closely. Not a good thing!
@DianneN They pack them in so tight that some of the larger SUV's and trucks need to turn in their big sideview mirrors. Then the worker roams from car to car to collect the ferry toll, and you just hold your breath as they walk by your car hoping that they don't brush against it and scratch it. And the cars, even in park with the engines off, will roll slightly forward or backwards if its rough. A twenty minute ride is the extent of my patience. I wasn't aware that you could get a patch for seasickness. I used a braclet with a small bead on it that was supposed to press on the inside of your wrist to prevent sickness-and it worked for me for an hour's rough ride.
I like travelling on the water but am not a good or keen swimmer. And I like hot water for my shower :)
There is nothing better than a nice hot shower!
@DianneN I avoid cold ones like the plague! Don't even want to think about cold showers. :)
I certainly am. A cruise on the norwegian fjords was one of our best holidays. I love your photo and it must have been great to there at the meeting of the two continents.
It was a dream come true, since I heard how wonderful Istanbul was. It didn't disappoint. Aren't the fjords amazingly beautiful???
@DianneN The fjords just take your breath away.
I certainly am. Anywhere that is near water, not sure about being on the ocean, though I have been sea sick. But a nice calm river and paddling is nice.
I have to wear a patch behind my ear on the ocean. I have gotten seasick and swore, never again! Ugh!
@DianneN Yes turning green is no fun Dianne lolz
@Marcyaz (35589)
Yes, I love being around the water as long as my feet are on the ground.
Lol! So you like to stand in water?
@Marcyaz (35589)
@DianneN Correct and long as my feet can feel something solid under me. lol
@shshiju (10550)
• Cochin, India
I am also a water baby. But comparatively less rides on water than land
I must agree with that, too!
@bluesa (15242)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I love swimming! In a pool. I have had some very bad moments with the sea, Dianne. That is a beautiful photo of you and your husband @DianneN !
Thanks, Catherine. The sea can be scary, even for excellent swimmers. Right now, we have riptide warnings.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I always wanted to sail, but that never happened. I spent as much of each summer as I could at the beach, though. I would only fall off boats these days, so I guess I am a landlubber.
I tried sailing twice. Never again!!! I got seasick once, and our friend raced another sailboat. I thought we'd tip over.
I love water too! I love water roller coasters especially. I fear regular roller coasters though (which is funny, but if it has water I am good!) The only water I am afraid of going is on a cruise though, but other than that jet skiing, boats, and such is good. Along with long showers, baths!
You sound like a water baby to me!!!!
you travels sound wonderful!
We love to travel. Thanks.
@boiboing (12879)
• Northampton, England
I love those Bosphorus cruises.
It was my only one, but it was thrilling to be on the Bosporus! I have only read about it.
@AnneEJ (4978)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
I am not a swimmer, nor do we have a boat. But I love to walk by the water
That makes you a water baby!
My most current boat ride - - we don't do all those fancy things. We have a 10 foot jon boat for the pond and I haven't gone it it yet...I need my husband to practice rowing more before I get in. But I live in the pool all summer.
I would love a rowboat, but know I would get stuck in the middle of the pond if my hubby didn't row for me.