Jack in the Box is giving away a million burgers!

By Yuki
@yukimori (8616)
Okay, I'll admit it--I'm not a huge fan of Jack in the Box. But I love freebies, and I really love free food since it means I get to skip the time and hassle of cooking on occasion. So I filled out the super-easy form (they only require an email address!) and my coupon for a free Double Jack or Jumbo Jack should arrive in my inbox within 48 hours. In the meantime, I'm going to go take a few items over to the thrift store, recycle some cans, sell some books, and get to work on cleaning up the brand new wall cabinet I bought at the St. Vincent de Paul thrift store this morning. Do you have any hot plans for today?
Jack in the Box is among the nation's leading fast-food hamburger chains, with more than 2,200 quick-serve restaurants in 21 states.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Thats great..no Jack in the Box around here that I know of friend. It sounds you are very busy and saving money. I have no plans today except for one medical appt at 1pm.
@yukimori (8616)
Busy, yes... but not really saving money. I just bought a few more things at the thrift store, and I'm planning to head over to the other store to get something I saw on Saturday. My husband's insisting that I need to get rid of some things now to make room for the new, so I'd better do that when I get home again.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@yukimori Well I mean at least you are not paying full price right?
@yukimori (8616)
@TiarasOceanView Hm, I suppose so! Although I'd gladly pay full price for the feeling of peace that's coming with knowing that I'm well on the way to getting everything in the house in order these days. That's priceless!
I haven't eaten fast food in a very long time, but if I could get a free burger I'd have something to give that homeless guy with the sign on the corner over there ... yeah, that guy
@yukimori (8616)
Now I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't do the same with this one... I'm not sure the guys with the sign specifying that they want "money help" would appreciate a burger, but there are a few travelers that hang out by Walmart who might.
Just look for the ones that have dirty clothes and shoes on @yukimori I've noticed that a lotta bums(guys that're lazy) also pretend to be homeless but they're easy to spot, they have clean shoes and teeth.
• Denmark
@yukimori I ask if a beggar wants something to eat and drink. Mostly the answer is positive. If they tell me that they want money, I decline. The reason is that most beggars in Germany come from the Balkans and are members of organised gangs. The beggar in the street has to beg for a boss and gets next to nothing themselves.
I got in on this too! I signed up last night and this morning my coupon is there. Chiptole is also giving away food if you text them, but I am going to skip with all the problems of Chipotle.
@yukimori (8616)
I just saw the Chipotle offer, too! I don't blame you for wanting to skip that one, what with all the issues they've been having. Our area wasn't affected by it, and they seem to have some pretty good quality control measures in place now... I don't think I'd be terribly worried about eating there. The last thing they need is for this PR campaign to backfire on them if someone gets sick.
@yukimori Chipotle is closed until 3 p.m. today for food-safety staff meeting... lol.
@yukimori (8616)
@infatuatedbby Yep, and that apparently equals free food...
@topffer (30745)
• France
It is the first time I read the name "Jack In The Box". You have already exported a lot of fast food companies here, but not this one. I am not a fast food fan. Last time I visited one was about 35 years ago. I prefer to go to a good restaurant times to times. There is a "week of taste" every year in this country, where you can have cheap meals in some expensive restaurants, but it is never completely free. And it is not a hot plan for today, the "week of taste" is in October. I am not really looking for hot plans.
@yukimori (8616)
Oh, I'd much rather go to a good restaurant, too. Fast food is... well, to be honest, it's all crap. But for some reason lots of Americans love crap... our waistlines often tell that story! Now, if we could import some really good international cuisine... that would be a lot better than our exports, wouldn't it? We've been kind of lucky in that a new ramen shop will be opening soon... I'm really excited to try that one.
@topffer (30745)
• France
@yukimori I read that fast food are trying to adapt the taste to the country : they do not serve exactly the same crap here than in USA. They are popular among teens because they are cheap compared to a restaurant. When I was a teen we were having sandwiches, toasted sandwiches or a salad in a bar. Then came fast food with their hamburgers and sodas. I am not sure that it is a progress. I am quite decided to visit USA, and I am doing an investigation about food, which is something important for a French. The daughter of a friend who did several internship in various colleges in USA and Canada, told me recently that the city where she found the best international cuisine was NYC. And the worst food she had was in the university of Louisiana at Lafayette.
@yukimori (8616)
@topffer New York has quite a reputation for good international cuisine, and it's pretty unsurprising considering the diversity in the population. If you were to visit my area of the country, you'd find quite a number of authentic Mexican restaurants. They're the major minority group in this area. We also have a couple of Chinese restaurants that are very good, and I've heard great things about the Thai food. We had a good (but very unauthentic) Celtic pub for several years, but they closed their doors last spring. We also have a couple of Japanese restaurants aside from the new ramen shop. The one I've eaten at is very good... I need to take the kids there for their vegetable tempura one of these days. The other one is supposed to serve excellent sushi, although I've never tried it. There's also an Italian restaurant that my friend raves about. They consistently have huge lines at opening, so I suppose they must be pretty good. My advice would probably be to stay away from any of the "chain" restaurants like Applebees or Olive Garden, and also avoid things like buffets. You'll probably have much better dining experiences at smaller, more focused restaurants.
Cool! Well thanks to you I'll get my free food coupon in the next 48 hours too! I actually don't remember what the hamburgers are like there - we've only gone there for ice cream and occasional tacos! Ohhh, where is that wall cabinet gonna go? That'll be a neat addition! I'll just be cleaning up certain rooms here . . . a friend is coming tomorrow to look at what he's going to redo for us in the our bathroom - and our place looks embarrassingly cluttered.
@yukimori (8616)
You're welcome! It's been ages since I ate there, too... all I remember is that they have a sauce that tastes like salad dressing on their burgers that's pretty good. I have no idea where the cabinet is going to go. I don't really want to mount it on the wall, because there's a gray area when it comes to things that are considered 'attached' fixtures in a rental unit. I was originally planning to modify it a bit and turn it into one of those storage units that fits over the toilet tank, but I'll have to take some pictures and run the idea past the guys at the hardware store to see what that'll take. I'm telling you, decluttering and getting rid of stuff is absolute magic. I can't even get too stressed about the huge mess the kids left in the living room yesterday, because it only takes a few minutes to pick everything up. It's amazing. But in a situation like that, I'd probably stuff everything in the kids' room (it has the most open floor space) and shut the door on it.
@yukimori We'll find out about the burgers very soon I'm sure! I don't recall the sauce or size or anything. I don't even remember their fries. Yah, I remember we weren't even allowed to paint our walls at our apartment. If we did, it would have cost us like double the security deposit - or something like that. I'm sure you'll find a suitable place for your cabinet . . . it's better than those tacky plastic crates that have been piling up here! Yep - decluttering - slowly but surely. I am totally not going to have time to do the kids rooms - no way. But you do the same thing I do . . . just put stuff in there and close the door !
@yukimori (8616)
@much2say Hey now, those tacky plastic crates have their uses! Would you believe I actually got around to cleaning up the kids' room the other day? There's, like, a floor in there and everything. And it's (mostly) clear if you don't look at all the stuffed animals thrown around.
@EddieHands (33088)
Ok i think I am going to have to get this! it sounds so wonderful and fun! Yes indeed !
@yukimori (8616)
And they probably won't stick a hiring flyer into your bag with your food, right?
@EddieHands (33088)
@yukimori Yes I bloody hope not! I just want the burger.. no flyers lol. Besides I can't cook.. so I would do good at a burger place lol
@EddieHands There food is bad do not get any.
Nice that you have a new wall cabinet. I am starting to clear out our lounge as hopefully a painter will be turning up in a few days/weeks to paint it.
@yukimori (8616)
Ooh, that sounds exciting! I'd love to paint some of our rooms, but with the fact that we're renting that's not an option. Too bad... white walls are getting very boring! Are you planning to change up the color in your lounge, or just doing some touch-up work?
@Marcyaz (36111)
Good for you now you will have a free lunch. We have no Jack in the Box near here but anyway I wouldn't go there as I don't like fast food any more. Since we had the blizzard come through I am not going anywhere today.
@yukimori (8616)
Sounds like it's the perfect day to snuggle up with a fuzzy blanket, some hot chocolate, and a good book (or online forum)!
@Marcyaz (36111)
@yukimori Yep just staying in and snuggling up with a good book and my dogs.
@louievill (16341)
There use to be Jack in the box I think in the Philippines but I don't see them now, I'm sure they lose out to competition from Jollibee and McDonald's, the first and second (respectively) leading burgers brand in our country.
@yukimori (8616)
I'd never heard of Jollibee until I saw one of the members from the Philippines posting about it here. It seems to be pretty popular, so no wonder it seems to have squeezed Jack in the Box out! Even here in the US they have a somewhat questionable reputation among fast food restaurants, at least in my area.
@louievill (16341)
@yukimori the popularity of Jollibee has already reached Singapore, I think one of the post about Jollibee stocks was made by a Singaporean. Questionable or whatever so long as they are giving away something for free
We don't have one of them there Jackie Box thingys 'round here, ya think they'd send me a Mickey D's coupon instead?
@yukimori (8616)
Probably not, but I'll gladly use yours in addition to mine... if I decide to make the trek out to the one here.
@yukimori (8616)
Oh, if there's a Chipotle thingy near you, they'll send you a free burrito coupon in a few days if you text 'raincheck' to 888-222. Apparently have to have a smart phone to get to the page to enter the info on, though.
The only fast food in our area is a McDonald, that I have never tried. Today has been a normal Monday, nothing exciting.
@yukimori (8616)
It seems like McDonald's is everywhere these days...
@yukimori Yes, they have opened stores in almost every part of the world. Here we only have one, that is not very popular.
I love Freebies! It is all I look forward to when I check the mail everyday. I will most definitely have to request this one! I just plan on cleaning, doing the laundry and hoping the wind goes away so I can take my little out to play. Have a great day!
@aju007 (1484)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Enjoy the burger. I am bit unlucky, that I wont get the benifit from it even if I have a coupon as it is not available in my place.
@yukimori (8616)
That's too bad. They're not my favorite place to eat, but I sadly won't say no to free.
My plans for today is to catch up on some laundry and general tidy up. The house always needs attention after the weekend. We don't have a Jack in the Box here but it sounds like a pretty good deal for free burgers
@yukimori (8616)
Oh, yeah... I really dislike the weekends because it always looks like a tornado set down in my house when the kids go back to school on Monday. At least I usually get Mondays off so I can pick up the worst of it in the morning after the kindergartner is on the bus and the toddler's dropped off. Thanks for reminding me that I still have a load of wet laundry from last night's batch that needs to go into the dryer!
@amnabas (9925)
• Karachi, Pakistan
That's too cool offer enjoy your food.
@yukimori (8616)
I will, thanks.
We have Wendy's, Taco Bell and Jack in the Box within two blocks of us here. I like JIB's breakfasts and that is about all. I hate TB. I love Wendy's.
@yukimori (8616)
I'm kind of surprised that I can still eat Taco Bell after working there for a few months. The kids are obsessed with their bean burritos for some reason. I wish we had a Wendy's that close to us. There was one about four miles away. They closed a few years ago, and Starbucks moved in not too long ago. Now we have to go 10 miles to the nearest Wendy's, and it's just not worth it. I do make a point to stop when we're out that way because they have the half price kids' meal deals in the afternoon, but that's about it.
@yukimori ....I feel that way about KFC. Used to have one where JIB is now and they moved. Only left in town is clear across town. We never go over that way and I like KFC. But I will use Wendy's instead.
@yukimori (8616)
@celticeagle Yeah, we have one of those fairly close to us. I think it's a combination KFC/Long John Silver's, though... so we always stop at the one that's a few miles out past the Wendy's if we're out that way. There's just something wrong about fishy chicken...
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
Ah Jack in the Box, man I haven't had those in decades lol. Was our go to fast food way back when after a night of drinking lol.
Jack in the box was here the first time and someone sued them. They said they would never come back to Colorado and now they are back. There food is not all that good.
• Denmark
I don't eat fast food, either, so this voucher wouldn't make me happy. I'd also donate it to a hungry person. There's always someone in the pedestrian precinct.
@yukimori (8616)
That would be a great use for it!
Awesome! I don't think we have those chains here otherwise I would totally look these coupons up! I did hear that Chipotle was going to have a bunch of coupons online for free burritos after their food-safety disaster recently. I like it too much to pass that up! Lol.