Do you finish your meals at once or you take time to finish them up?

@amnabas (9909)
Karachi, Pakistan
Well I have observed many people take plenty of time to finish up their meals they keep on talking and eating while I have observed there are quick eaters they finish meal in no time. I am kind of quick eater I don't prefer talking and gossiping during meals. I find it awkward I don't know why? * What about you?
I am mum
@PatZAnthony (12573)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We put some effort into what we are eating so do take our time when eating.
I am a very slow eater.
It depends on the company. If we are in a resaurant with friends then chatting as we eat is part of the experience. At home I just eat until I've finished.
@owlwings (39070)
• Cambridge, England
It is far better for the digestion to eat slowly and conversation helps with that. You will also eat less because the stomach has time to signal the brain that it has had enough.
I like to talk so I can take time eating my food and enjoy it also.
My husband and I enjoy talking when we eat supper the TV goes off so we can enjoy the meal.
@Telynor (1226)
I try very hard not to eat too quickly, as I know through sad experience the distress that can follow. I feel that a conversation over dinner is one of the delights that too few people enjoy.
I like conversation while I eat. It's a way to find out about a person's day. Otherwise people are so busy and have no time to talk. I'm a slow to medium eater. It depends on what it is and how hungry I am. They say the slower you eat the better as it's good for the digestion.
Usually during meals , the family talks . I listen and sometimes talk too , but i see to it that i eat well and finish in a short time than them . My husband is the first one to always finish .