Do you believe in horoscope predictions?

It's Chinese New Year (it was yesterday in this part of the world) and during this time, I notice that there are always predictions or forecasts for people born under the different signs of the Chinese calendar. I find a lot of people reading it, wanting to know if they will be having good or bad luck for the year. They even attend blessings and buy charms to ensure they will be fortunate for the year. For me, I don't necessarily believe all the predictions for my animal sign. While it can be helpful, most of the time luck arrives when we work on it. Right? Do you believe in predictions for your animal sign?
@Mike197602 (13739)
No I don't believe in any horoscope predictions. So many people are born at the same time they can't all have the same future surely???? I believe life is what we make it and primarily that's through our own choices although often life throws some random stuff in there too...but it's up to us how we deal with it.
But you are going to win a million pounds Mike..didnt you know haha?
Yes, I believe that our choices determine the outcome of our lives.
@Mike197602 (13739)
@TiarasOceanView I've come close to being a millionaire in the past but things went wrong for me. Rather...I made things go wrong through VERY poor choices I quite often dream now that I'll win the lottery and get my old life back but that's a pipe dream I think...primarily because I've never bought a lottery ticket. I'm waiting for the lucky feeling
I use horoscopes for guidance in life. I do not rely on them as fact, but I do read them.
Yes, it's a nice guide sometimes. And sometimes they can be true, other times not at all.
@Lucky15 (33754)
not really , more of a guidance :)
Yes, I believe horoscopes are mere guidance for us. But there really are people who believe in it. Some people go to great lengths like even rearranging things around the house and setting up charms to attract good luck.
@Shiva49 (13385)
I don't. Every day is a good day and it is up to us how we live it. The good and bad times alternate. The present moment is the greatest present - siva
Those are great words! Indeed, every day is the best present that we get in our lives.
@scheng1 (24755)
I do not believe the ones that are on TV. I do believe in the ones that are based on your actual birth date to the point of exact hour. It is very accurate in that it foretells the opportunities and dangers in a given year. However, it is still up to us to grab hold of opportunities and to avoid dangers.
I've never experienced actually going to a feng shui expert and have my fortune told based on my actual birth date and time. But they say that one is more accurate since it's more personalized. But you're also right, it's up to us if we grab the opportunities that come our way.
I don't believe in the horoscopes as it says my bf and I are not a match but we've been together for 9 years.
This made me remember a time when I was in a couples' seminar with a known feng shui master here in the country and he told the attendees that we shouldn't be asking if one is a perfect match for the other because if they weren't, they wouldn't have lasted long in the relationship. Congrats, by the way.
Some of the things for my sign fit me and some do not,
Oh I see. I find the basic description of my animal sign quite matches me, but the horoscope predictions for my sign is like a hit-and-miss kinda thing. Also, by the middle of the year, I would have forgotten those predictions.