When sarcasm and humour oozes out of their ears and from everywhere else, I should have known

credit https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Smiley-hm.svg
I goofed. Indeed I did. I responded to a post and made a fool of myself. I should have known coming from where it has come. I am expected to look at tags. Do you? When will we have categories that tell us a bit more about posts.
@Blondie2222 (21809)
I don't look at the tags either i just look at title and read the post then respond.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
I rarely look at tags. I goof up often.
Neither do I. But not having categories can affect some posts that are written with humour and sarcasm and there is no way the OP can point it out. If they do then there is no charm.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
@allknowing what happens happens personally I'm happy to be free of categories.
@valmnz I know what you mean.Just myLot and that's it (lol)
@Daljinder (21544)
Tags seem to take us to point B when we want to go to point A so I don't see them....
Tags take us to posts. Just check this out. I searched for fear. Just see where it takes you.
Here you'll find discussions related to the term 'fear' as tagged by myLot users.
@Daljinder (21544)
@allknowing Many had no bearing on the word "fear"
@Daljinder They were all unrelated as there were many tags there. The point is categories are specific. There is freedom here. Just choosing categories and putting tags could be sometimes so unrelated.
I always forget to tag my posts .
As @Val says. Just mLot and that's it (lol)
@allknowing Yes, that's what i always do , just myLot and submit and there .
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
I don't look at tags at all on here. I read the title and the first bit of the post that it shows...then if it catches my interest I'll read the whole thing then decide to respond or move on. Tags are just there to link discussions with others of a similar topic. You'd have to give a little more info on how you goofed for me to respond in a better manner.
That post was supposed to be humour. I took it seriously. And the OP tells me I should have looked at the tags
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
@allknowing well I'd say tags are utterly irrelevant to the content of a discussion in terms of a response. who looks at them?????? people look at the title then the content and they respond from that...i don't know ANYONE who looks at the tags and incorporates them into their understanding of a discussion...that's stupid in my opinion.
@Mike197602 I should have known as the OP is famous for bringing life to this site by their humour and sarcasm
I gather someone was being sarcastic and you didn't realise it?
Yes. Indeed
@allknowing Have you deleted or amended your comment?
@jaboUK No I have not!! Why?
Tags are categories. They have been for 2 and a half years. There's also the fact that FM radio dials only go to 108, so a station named 109.9 WEED - FM couldn't exist, but...
Most do not look at tags while responding as is seen from responses here.Tags or categories help when searching for topics. If one is familiar with a topic it is not necessary to look at tags to know if there is humour or sarcasm in it.
@allknowing You can't be familiar with a topic until you read it.
@JolietJake I know nothing about NFL. I read your post and did not find any sarcasm in it because I am new to NFL
I remember the site that had categories, most of the people forgot to choose the category and it was just like not to have them, even worse.
Atleast veterans with calibre were choosing them.
@allknowing I confess that I was guilty to forget to set the category several times, even if I was a veteran.
@LadyDuck Unles users take the trouble to correctly choose categories and for that matter tags search goes haywire. I just searched for a tag 'down' and I got this
Here you'll find discussions related to the term 'down' as tagged by myLot users.