My Friend and Former Co-Worker...

@Raine38 (9028)
...quits her job at the courthouse where I also used to work last year. When we got hired, she was asked if she is going to stay. She's got a teaching degree and they are skeptical about her wanting to go back to teaching once school started. She said she have every bit of intention of staying forever. So when I received the news that she is quitting, I talked to her. She said she was inspired how I was able to get a much better paying job. She got a job to lead a new department at a car dealership here in our town and from the sound of it, it beats the pay and benefits being provided by the state. I felt a little sad and happy for her. She and her husband just bought a house and I know that every little bit of extra money will help. But she said that the boss was mad at her, and even told her that she's making a big mistake.
@louievill (18130)
Everybody has the right to decide what is best for their careers so long as you do not violate any contracts.
@Raine38 (9028)
That's is true. Unfortunately growth in that department is really almost nonexistent.
@louievill (18130)
@Raine38 then it's time to leave if there are opportunities for greener pastures
@Raine38 (9028)
@louievill I agree. Eventually we are the ones responsible for our own well being.
I hope everything works out for her!
@Raine38 (9028)
So do I. When I left, it was a very good one and I was told if I changed my mind, I should re-apply to my old post. It breaks my heart that someone as nice as she did not get the same reception.