The Fab Four

@Raelove (16813)
Saco, Maine
Another fact that I was made aware of today was that it was on this day that the Beatles first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show back in 1964. I was 14 years old at the time, and up till then, had only heard of them and seen their photos on the news or in teen magazines. Now, I was going to be able to see them actually performing, which was a rare thing in those pre-MTV music video days. I remember being disappointed at the fact that it was hard to see them clearly on our little black-and-white TV screen, and it was also hard to hear them singing, as the noise from the audience drowned them out. But it was fun seeing them, especially my own personal favorite, Paul McCartney. To this day, I still love their music, and being reminded of the Fab Four still brings a smile to my face. (Public Domain Image)
@Missmwngi (9939)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Ha haa this reminds me of the times of black and white lol Got to appreciate technology now we can see colours
Everything is so much better in color
@Missmwngi (9939)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Marilynda1225 Very true
My bedroom walls were plastered with pictures of Ringo...he was always my favorite & because of him I always wanted to play the drums. My pleadings to learn the drums fell on deaf ears but my parents made me take piano lessons which I hated. Even now I have a fondness for drummers
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
Oh so do I. I always wanted to learn to play drums, as I do have a good sense of beat. I got so far as to own a pair of drumsticks once, which I used to pound on anything that sounded remotely like a drum!!! My fave was Paul, and my sister's was George. I only came to appreciate John much later when he went off on his own.
Funny, I don't remember when I first saw the Beatles, could be because I was never a big fan of them.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
That was my first time, so I can say that I was part of that history, in a way, even if I WAS watching from Biddeford, Maine (USA).
@Marcyaz (35670)
I am sure I must have seen them on TV also but I sure don't remember them however I do remember the small 12 inch TV screens.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
Our TV was huge, but the screen was tiny. I've never forgotten it.
@Marcyaz (35670)
@Raelove I remember the console was large but the screen was so small, we had a Stewart Warner I do remember that.
@Marcyaz (35670)
@Raelove Our was from the floor up with the little tiny TV inside of it. I remember a friend telling me to come see their colored TV when I got there they had put different cellophane colors on the TV, look how far we have come since then.
I was very young around 10 I believe when they appeared on the Ed Sullivan show. I had a cousin there in our house and I would say she was around 16 and her screams drowned out me hearing them. But I loved them then, and ever since. RIP George, John.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
I still love them, too. They're part of our youthful history, and we can say we "grew up with them!"
@Raelove We can Rachel.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
@kamel622 (313)
I remember that day so well. Love the Beatles still and like you Paul was always my favorite!
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
I know, right? I mean look at him...that face...what was there not to love? Even from across the Atlantic???
@kamel622 (313)
@Raelove and still gorgeous after all of these years!
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
@kamel622 Oh yes he is. And still rockin' the tunes, too!
• Preston, England
I still love the Beatles
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
So do I, Arthur. By the way, my late father's name was also Arthur.
• Preston, England
@Raelove I'm the fourth first born son in a row in my family to be called Arthur
@pyewacket (44036)
We're of the same "generation"…I grew up with the Beatles as well and yes remember there performance on the Ed Sullivan show. My favorite was George. I have to admit I was in total shock when I heard what happened to John Lennon. Since I'm in the NYC area I went over to the vigil outside his Dakota apartment and then later the tribute to him in Central Park
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
Oh, that's great. My sister's favorite was George, too, and he went on to make some pretty great music on his own. I miss those days.
The Ed Sullivan show was the first time I have seen them.My girls were so giddy at that time and they needed to see this.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
I was never giddy about anything, but I sure did love the Beatles!
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I never went crazy for any bands, but did like (still do) a lot of their music.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
I was just a teenager and went crazy to the point that my parents could afford me to, which wasn't very far!
I do not remember when it was the first time that I saw the Beatles. I remember that they came to my city (Milan - Italy) the 24th of June 1965. My father did not let me join the crowd to assist to the concert.
They were really something weren't they? Paul was my favourite too.
Wished I'd known other bands on that time rather than just the beattles, but thank you for letting me know. have a nice day