What a long day!

@Blondie2222 (20983)
I was at the hospital from 1230-6pm i am exhausted. First I had to do a bicycle test so they can evaluate my breathing and see how long it takes before i get tired etc. After that i had to go to the pulmonary clinic and do some breathing test. Then at 3pm it was my appointment with the heart failure doctor. We really loved this doctor as he was very thorough, explained everything in detail and took his time with us. It was just an evaluation appointment and to go over my history etc. We are trying to see what my options are to make me better. My left ventricle is large and my aortic valve is leaking and so the blood isn't flowing back thru like it should which causes me to be more short of breathe. So their going to have me try some new medicine first and then if that doesn't work then possibly a pacemaker or difibulator. If those don't work then their talking about an aortic valve replacement and that's a risky surgery. Their taking my case in front of a team of doctors and surgeons to discuss what the options should be and if this would be the best way to go. Then later on we will discuss what transplant would be best if these options do not work. I go back in a month for a follow up visit. So all in all it was a great day and now i'm exhausted. Did not get home til after 7pm it is 814pm now so i'm definitely going to bed early. So that's my update!
@kevin1877uk (36945)
Oh sorry to hear about all of that, pacemaker, defibrillator and all the others. I hope they can sort it out soon for you.
@Blondie2222 (20983)
@kevin1877uk thank u me too. Their just trying options first before jumping to doing a transplant if i really don't need one.
@kevin1877uk (36945)
@Blondie2222 Yeah looking at all the options open to you, let us all know what happens.
@Blondie2222 (20983)
@kevin1877uk will do
@Blondie2222, Dear Blondie, Having been through this myself, I know exactly how you feel. I did have the valve replacement and I survive. It was worth it!
@Blondie2222 (20983)
@marlina yeah but i also have lung issues and pulmonary atresia so mine is a bit risky. Glad you survived yours and good to know many people have gone thru this before
I hope that they are able to find the best fix for your heart illness. Our daughter had the same issue with her aortic valve not working correctly, it was one of her four heart conditions. And if you need the surgery for the valve replacement, I know how frightening that must feel, but we had a nephew go thru that successfully, as a young adult when he was in his twenties. His six month old son had the same surgery just a few months before our nephew did, so he had a lot of empathy after going thru it himself. My fingers are crossed for medication to do the trick for you.
@Blondie2222 (20983)
@juliaacv that's great they both survived and doing well. I have pulmonary atresia and my lungs don't work correctly either. This is why it's a bit risky for me to have this done. It's going to be their last resort.
I hope that the medicine will work for you, any surgery is dangerous and an aortic valve replacement is surely even more dangerous.
@Blondie2222 (20983)
@ladyduck thank you i know they will do what's in my best interest.
Thanks for updating us. I would think they would want to plug the link first. Maybe that is too expensive. Hope it all works out for you.
@Blondie2222 (20983)
@celticeagle they want to try to avoid surgery if at all possible. I have scar tissue and lung issues so the surgeries would be very risky. Their trying these options first before doing any surgery. That is the last resort.
@fishtiger58 (30383)
• Momence, Illinois
I hope all goes well and the meds do their job.