Writers' Block

By Gill
@Gillygirl (15164)
Sutton, England
Do you ever have days where you cannot gather your thoughts properly? I have been like this today. I can't think of any thing to write about, the block has really hit me. A couple of weeks ago I was buzzing with ideas but they've deserted me. This is the first time I'm unable to think straight enough to produce even the most boring blog. Please tell me it will pass soon and it's not just me?
@kevin1877uk (35480)
Oh dear sorry to hear, I'm sure it will past. What I do I'll go though all my photos and find something to write about.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
I do that sometimes as well. I think I'm more over tired.
@kevin1877uk (35480)
@Gillygirl Maybe you are, but I know when I'm overtired they more often are my best posts.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
@kevin1877uk I tend to muddle my posts and responses up.
yes,it happens to us all.But what I have been doing is.Take a word and kind of words and work around it. Like house,family,vacation,etc.I am sure you get the message.Give it a try
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Words are a good idea to work around. However they must interest people.
@xFiacre (9855)
@Gillygirl If it happened to me for just a day I'd be quite pleased - it usually goes on for weeks and I'm fairly well befuddled most of the time anyway. I'm sure yours'll pass.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Lol I am always befuddled!
@garymarsh6 (11903)
It happens to all of us from time to time. A good idea is to have a little note book or pad to jot down your ideas so when you run out you will have a ready list to write from.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
I have a notebook somwhere where so will have to dig it out.
@biikiki (207)
• Nyeri, Kenya
Its not just you why don't you take some time off like 1 hr get a drink relax and it will pass
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Block is getting a bit better.
@biikiki (207)
• Nyeri, Kenya
@Gillygirl get on with it start writing
• Bhubaneshwar, India
It happens to most of us, even to those who are really good at it . At times i reach an impasse where no words satiate the critic inside me and everything I come up with is a waste . I would suggest you to travel and take your mind off it. i did the same few days ago and it was amazingly refreshing.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Would love to travel and do have travel posts in mind.
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@Gillygirl That would be amazing :)
Oh yes I do experience that too. When I do, I make a poem of my ramblings that will pass I am sure.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
I like your ramblings but I don't seem to rhyme at present.
@Gillygirl oh thank you. Well, we all go through that and we surpass that.
@msiduri (5846)
It's like anything else. It'll pass. One idea to even things out is to write down outlines or sketches of ideas on days when you're buzzing with ideas, either in a notebook or on index cards. On drier days, pull these sketches out. Write a couple of paragraphs based on those sketches. If the pump needs priming, look through magazines, or maybe pictures and try some more. Even if what you write doesn't exactly please you, you're developing a habit and a discipline. Plus, you have something you can always go back to later and revise.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Yes agreed I need to take more notes.
@msiduri (5846)
@Gillygirl Hope it's helpful. Happy writing.
@rosekiss (30111)
• Eugene, Oregon
I thnink we all have those days, as I forget many times what I want to say, and most of the time, I wait until something has happened in my life, or I have seen things happen, that I can post a discussion about. So, no worries, as something will come to you in no time.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
It is getting better, I think mainly my mind is on other things.
@rosekiss (30111)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Gillygirl I may start another discussion today sometime, as I have really been thinking of a topci that I want to discuss. If my mind goes blank, then I won't start one.
@KrauseHome (32391)
I think this is something we all go thru. Many times I go find other things that I enjoy doing until the Writing bug appears again.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Thank you it has passed now.
@Vjvals (952)
• Roseville, California
I have some people I know say they write on cue and wish I could do that, so yes to your question and hope you find something soon to write on
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
I can usually write on cue but at times it's better to plan.
Some days I am lost as to what to write, and then other days, I am on a roll. We are fortunate that writer's block does go away. Sometimes I have ideas, but putting those ideas into words becomes a problem.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Hopefully mine will, too much on my mind.
• Mumbai, India
it's not just you.There you go!! BUT earnestly it happpens time to time.I have faced this problem myself quite a lot.And best solution is to spend time with those you love.Trust me!
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Yes I need to spend some quality time with family
This happens to most of us I think. Hopefully in a day or two it will pass. I'm sure you have a lot on your mind at the moment besides writing.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Yes I think it's thinking of other things that's the worst problem.
@Platespinner (16773)
It happens, and you've got a lot going on emotionally right now so it's kind of to be expected that you might be a little scattered.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Yes I feel as though I'm all over the place at the moment but have ideas for posts now.
It's not just you. Once in a while, it happens to me, usually after when I've been writing continuously. Just take a break from writing, do something else. Take a walk, exercise, do something that doesn't have anything to do with writing. Your writer's block will pass, don't worry.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
Taking a break is best however I don't want to be lost to myLot
@divalounger (2223)
It does pass and you just can't force it! Take a walk or do some other things that help you feel refreshed and energized--
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
No it can't be forced otherwise it will lead to bad posts and poor responses.
I think most of us have days like that. When I think of something, I write it down because many times I just don't remember later.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
I need to write more in a notebook.
It will pass and you will think of things to write about again.
@Gillygirl (15164)
• Sutton, England
I'm sure it will Judy.
@Lucky15 (33598)
i have those too. what i do if i have those moment, just sit down, watch tv, read, listen to music, walk around. write down things. :) then next thing i know, have lot of stuff to write down